Mountains you've visited / want to visit...

RidgeRacer

Not the biggest list... 

PA:

Big Boulder, Blue Mt, Blue Knob, Camelback, Elk, Jack Frost, Montage/Sno, Ski Sawmill

NY:

Belleayre, Hunter, Plattekill

UT:

Brighton, Solitude

Last year was my first trip out west.  This year I had two trips cancelled due to covid-19, Killington and Utah.  Hoping that an early December trip to UT can still occur this year as I had until the end of 2020 to reschedule my flight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pcklein31 said:

Not the biggest list... 

PA:

Big Boulder, Blue Mt, Blue Knob, Camelback, Elk, Jack Frost, Montage/Sno, Ski Sawmill

NY:

Belleayre, Hunter, Plattekill

UT:

Brighton, Solitude

Last year was my first trip out west.  This year I had two trips cancelled due to covid-19, Killington and Utah.  Hoping that an early December trip to UT can still occur this year as I had until the end of 2020 to reschedule my flight.

If you can’t get skiing in for the December trip you should just go and road trip it to southern Utah parks. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I think I remember seeing this TLCITW??

Yes ...  A tradition we started on our first trip out West. 37 years ago.  Our goal was to ski the "top 30" ski resorts in the West, as voted on by the readers of  Ski Magazine. Our trip to Whitefish completed the goal. We also tried to ski many of the lesser known areas too.  A few didn't have coffee mugs either so we would include their maps in resorts from the same trip.... Cooper for example.  Also in that image is our "log book" which is filled with most of our trips to TLCITW as well as our many trips out West...

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, rummy said:

Yes ...  A tradition we started on our first trip out West. 37 years ago.  Our goal was to ski the "top 30" ski resorts in the West, as voted on by the readers of  Ski Magazine. Our trip to Whitefish completed the goal. We also tried to ski many of the lesser known areas too.  A few didn't have coffee mugs either so we would include their maps in resorts from the same trip.... Cooper for example.  Also in that image is our "log book" which is filled with most of our trips to TLCITW as well as our many trips out West...

Awesome tradition to have!

I skied at Haystack in 2000ish I think on a trip to Mount Snow. I remember getting in way over my head on some natural bumps on Merlin.

• Like 1

Since the epoch (well, since 2004, the start of PASR stat tracking):

PA: Blue, Big Boulder, Camelback, Jack Frost, Bear Creek, Tanglwood, Montage

NJ: Mountain Creek 

NY: Belleayre 

VT: Stratton, Killington, Okemo, Mount Snow

CO: Snowmass, Aspen, Telluride, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, Winter Park, Abasin

UT: Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, Deer Valley

CA: Kirkwood, Heavenly

WY: Jackson Hole

Europe: Verbier

28 unique destinations totaling 1003 ski days since the 03/04 season.  What's high on my list?  Revelstoke and Silverton.  Ski resorts have to offer something unique and interesting on or off the hill to make me want to come/return.  Silverton certainly checks the on hill box.

• Like 3

Well each one of these coffee mugs has trail maps in them from when I skied there. Around 60 I think050ffac373f15c5aebad1cfed1174238.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That’s awesome, I try to get a pint glass and / or stemless wine glass from everywhere I go- was bummed this past winter when jay didn’t have either. A-basin, Telly, and snugs are next on my list:

NJ(2): Ski Mountain Pine Hill (NELSAP), Vernon Valley/Great Gorge (I'll count as one)

PA(11): Camelback, Shawnee, Jack Frost, Big Boulder, Roundtop, Liberty, Blue, Elk, Bear Creek, Montage, Eagle Rock

NY(7): Hunter, Belleayre, Windham, Greek, Whiteface, Gore, Plattekill

VT(11): Killington, Stratton, Sugarbush, Okemo, Stowe, Mt. Snow, Magic, Bromley, MRG, Pico, Jay Peak

UT(6): Deer Valley, Park City, Brighton, Solitude, Alta, Snowbird

CO(1): Steamboat

WY(1): Jackson Hole

EU(1): Kaprun/seelamZee

XC groomed/pay to play (2): ? Catskills NY, Greek Peak NY

bcXcd : Monocacy PA, Jacobsburg PA, Trexler Pa, Weiser SF PA,Blue Mountain Lakes NJ, Botheration Pond NY, Kennedy SF NY, Raymond Brook NY, Stratton Pond VT, Merck forest VT, Blueberry Hill / Moosalamoo VT

BC: Tuckerman/Sherbie NH, Brandon Gap - No Name VT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I’m at 29, excluding backcountry adventures. 

I’ve had mostly the Epic and Ikon pass, so most of my mountain experience is with those. And, since I lived in Colorado .. I’ve hit up a lot of the Colorado mountains but my rankings is a mix of experience, crowds, distance, etc. I kind of love the ability to hop around to different resorts in places like Colorado and Utah. 

I’m a grad student for about 1 more week and was able to snag a student discount Ikon pass. Woot woot. So, ironically, I made a rough ski plan. Before I switch to Epic again, I want to hit up some of the other Ikon resorts. I plan to take 2’ish road trips, fly 1-2x to Colorado/Utah, and make 1 trip to somewhere new. 

ROAD TRIP to NEW resorts in 20/21 (if skiing is a thing)
I want to hit the top 3 at least
1. Windham 
2. Killington
3. Stratton
4. Loon
5. Sunday River
6. Sugarloaf

PLANNED .. 1-2 Family Ski Trips
UTAH trip: Deer Valley, Alta, Brighton, Snowbird
Or … COLORADO trip: Winter Park, Copper, ABasin, Steamy

PLACES I WANT TO VISIT
Big Sky
Tremblant
Blue Mountain (Canada) 

BUCKET LIST … Zermatt, Jackson, Aspen, Whistler, and Silverton
-----------------------------------------------------
Pennsylvania
1. Elk Mountain
2. Blue Mountain
3. Camelback
4. Big Boulder
5. Jack Frost
- Haven’t skied the others 

Vermont
1. Sugarbush
2. Okemo

Colorado
1. Vail
2. Wolf Creek
3. Arapahoe Basin
4. Keystone
5. Crested Butte
6. Loveland
7. Monarch
8. Breckenridge
9. Copper
10. Winter Park
11. Steamboat 
12. Beaver Creek
13. Eldora

Utah
1. Alta
2. Snowbird (only #2 because it kicked my butt)
3. Deer Valley
4. Brighton
5. Solitude

California
1. Heavenly
2. Northstar

Canada
1. Lake Louise
2. Banff Sunshine

Backcountry
CMH guided tour outside of Lake Louise (Canada)
Butler Gulch (Colorado)
Bald Mountain, near Breck (Colorado)
Mount Sherman, 14’er (Colorado)
Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado)
Berthoud Pass (Colorado)
Outside of Steamboat (Colorado)
Eisenman Hut area (Colorado)

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 3

Has anybody else skied Chadds Peak?  

My list is pretty similar to most posted here.  I really like checking out new resorts, so Telluride, and Taos are pretty high on my list.  I think whistler would be cool too.  I'm not sure i have the patience to be on a plane as long as it takes to get oversees.  

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Has anybody else skied Chadds Peak?  

My list is pretty similar to most posted here.  I really like checking out new resorts, so Telluride, and Taos are pretty high on my list.  I think whistler would be cool too.  I'm not sure i have the patience to be on a plane as long as it takes to get oversees.  

You can be in Europe in the same time as it takes to get to Whistler.

I might have missed one or two but I didn't realize that I've been to that many.

PA

Spring Mountain

Doe Mtn./Bear Creek

Jack Frost

Big Boulder

Camelback

Shawnee

Montage

Elk

Big Bear

Tanglwood

Blue Knob

Alpine Mountain

NY

Greek Peak

Plattekill

Belleayre

Gore

Whiteface

Dynamite Hill

Schoon Lake Hill

Titus

VT

Mount Snow

Magic

Okemo

Stratton

Killington

Bromley

Northeast Slopes

Jay Peak

Burke

Pico

Suicide Six

Mad River Glen

Sugarbush

Smugglers Notch

Middlebury Snow Bowl

NH

Dartmouth Skiway

Cannon

Bretton Woods

MA

Berkshire East

Catamount

NC

Wolf Laurel

Cataloochee

Beech

Sugar

CO

Arapahoe Basin

Keystone

Winter Park

Loveland

UT

Alta

Snowbird

Brighton

Solitude

Canyons

Powder Mountain

NV

Mt. Rose

CA

Northstar

Canada

Owls Head

Switzerland/Italy

Zermatt

Cervinia

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

You can be in Europe in the same time as it takes to get to Whistler.

Right, thanks for taking the time to clarifying that.  Its sort of why i didnt list whistler with Telluride and Taos.  Next time i will make it super clear for you.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Only place that's really on my bucket list at this point is Big Snow American Dream. Where else am I gonna ski, get barreled, and buy a cinnabon all in the same place on my birthday in august?

wow just wow we have the same birthday. i know what i'm doing now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 3:28 PM, Justo8484 said:

Only place that's really on my bucket list at this point is Big Snow American Dream. Where else am I gonna ski, get barreled, and buy a cinnabon all in the same place on my birthday in august?

I think it would be fun to go there with a group of friends. I couldn’t see myself going there more than once, though. 

On 5/9/2020 at 8:28 AM, RidgeRacer said:

I'm bored and was thinking about this. Plus fuck Covid 19 so here goes...Where has everyone skied and what areas are on your bucket list? PASRs are a well traveled bunch so I know you all have quite the list / experiences to share. For me...

Pennsylvania
‐ Blue Mountain
‐ Jackson Frost
- Big Boulder
‐ Elk Mountain
- Montage
- Shawnee
- Camelback
- Bear Creek
- Spring  Mountain
- Split Rock

New York
- Gore
- Whiteface
- Belleayre

Vermont
- Killlington
- Stratton

Colorado
- Winter Park
- Steamboat
- Crested Butte

Utah
- Powder Mountain
- Snowbasin
- Alta
- Snowbird
- Solitude
- Brighton

California
- Squaw Valley

Wyoming
- Jackson Hole

New areas In my near future...
- Arizona Snowbowl, Sunrise Park AZ

Need to get to  soon / sad that I haven't been...Sugarbush, Stowe, Hunter, Taos, Blue Knob, Smuggs, Telluride

Bucket List...Switzerland,  Cortina - Italy

Favorites....Snowbird, Whiteface, Jackson, Crested Butte 

This is a fun thread, haven’t been on this site much lately, so I just saw it. I wish my son still lived in Az. Atlanta is just not my kind of place. I would love to go to the Snowbowl. 

• Like 1

Might as well add my short list-

Pa- Bear, Blue, CB, JFBB, Elk, Montage, Shawnee.

Vermont- Killington, Mt Snow 

NH- Wildcat, Breton Woods, Loon

Utah- Canyons, Park City, Deer Valley, Alta, Sundance. 

Almost forgot NY- Bellayre, Hunter, Gore

My favorite EC probably Wildcat

Utah- Alta, because it was pretty badass, and I was proud I could ski it. Loved Sundance, the scenery was incredible. I don’t think they get near the natural snow the other Utah resorts get, also there’s a couple catwalks. I’m ok with the catwalks, but the lift without a bar almost sent me into a panic attack! 

• Like 5

This is a fun thread, haven’t been on this site much lately, so I just saw it. I wish my son still lived in Az. Atlanta is just not my kind of place. I would love to go to the Snowbowl. 

I mean it's definitely not UT or CO, but its it's definitely not PA either.

cccfc5beb8d07d726808f7ed8d775617.jpgd0a835f93454bb5bc761cd231ac06a2e.jpg
  • Like 3

Y’all are gonna laugh at my list. 

PA: JFBB, Bear Creek, Elk, Blue, Camelback

VT: Killington, Sugarbush. 

I don’t get out much, but I can (somewhat) keep up with you guys so that counts, right? 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Y’all are gonna laugh at my list. 

PA: JFBB, Bear Creek, Elk, Blue, Camelback

VT: Killington, Sugarbush. 

I don’t get out much, but I can (somewhat) keep up with you guys so that counts, right? 

Get out west, man! 

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Get out west, man! 

Working on it. Had a whistler trip planned for april this year with a bunch of college buddies that I kept hush in hopes of an epic TR, that obviously didn’t happen.  We’ll see what next year brings. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2020 at 12:59 PM, Shadows said:

I just looked around taos on maps. They are really going for that southwest look. Wow.

LMFAO 🤣

I have been to Mexico as well.  They are really going for the Mexican look.  I hear Italy looks Italian as well.  Who knew?!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3