Elk Sold

rummy

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

It's a discount book I think.

Contains 47 coupons redeemable for lift tickets rentals and lessons.  Not sure but something like 2 coupons for night skiing, 3 for midweek day, 4 for weekend/holiday lift tickets.. Last year's price $575 for adult book.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rummy said:

Contains 47 coupons redeemable for lift tickets rentals and lessons.  Not sure but something like 2 coupons for night skiing, 3 for midweek day, 4 for weekend/holiday lift tickets.. Last year's price $575 for adult book.

Big and Friendly indeed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rummy said:

Wow seems grate for a family who just skis a handful of days.  Fantastic.  I’m also guessing many of the coupons go unused sort of like gift certificates. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, rummy said:

is it a coupon book that you buy so you can buy discount tickets with your coupons, or is it really vouchers?  Dont get me started on those.  Might be a great option for those whining in another thread, although its more expensive than the season pass to the other PA mountain.  

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

is it a coupon book that you buy so you can buy discount tickets with your coupons, or is it really vouchers?  Dont get me started on those.  Might be a great option for those whining in another thread, although its more expensive than the season pass to the other PA mountain.  

I think the benefit is the coupons are transferable and can be used for lessons and rentals as well.  If you’re a real elk mountain big shot, you probably want to have a season pass plus a coupon book when your friends come from the Deep South and get tired of the drive to Vermont so stop at your Villa at elk.  Blue has the buddy pass and 10% off anything with season pass.  

53 minutes ago, Schif said:

I bet there is a way to make a coupon book worth while, though it would probably take more planning than I would be willing to do. 

I used to get Entertainment books.  They were about $30 and had hundreds of coupons..mostly buy one entree get one entree free at restaurants or 50% off.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I used to get Entertainment books.  They were about $30 and had hundreds of coupons..mostly buy one entree get one entree free at restaurants or 50% off.  

They had a lot of mini golf, or real gold coupons too which were useful. I remember all of the sections being color coded.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

It's a book of coupons.... Not vouchers. 

See:   www.elkskier.com/season-passes/      scroll down to B&F book for details 

there are different prices, for different age groups, for each book of 47coupons. More than 2books to same family gets an additional $30. off price.

Disclaimer... This is info from Last Seasons website ....  

• 2 weeks later...

Monday/Tuesday (when open)/ Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday/Saturday (once night skiing begins) 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Elk has announced pricing and hours for this year.  Closed on Mon/Tues except for like Christmas week, MLK, Pres weekend, etc.  I'm not up on Elks hours previously, but night skiing looks to be only Friday and Saturday.  $795 now, $855 after November 1, and $925 after December 1.  

Every time this thread gets bumped I keep hoping it’s about elk actually being sold.

But yeah, elk is too far out there to really attract anyone at night. Why drive to elk if blue,can, and montage are all closer (for night skiing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Monday/Tuesday (when open)/ Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday/Saturday (once night skiing begins) 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Elk has announced pricing and hours for this year.  Closed on Mon/Tues except for like Christmas week, MLK, Pres weekend, etc.  I'm not up on Elks hours previously, but night skiing looks to be only Friday and Saturday.  $795 now, $855 after November 1, and $925 after December 1.  

At those prices I can't imagine Elk sells a season pass to anyone other than those who own real estate within 30 minutes of there. Insane that they ask more for an Elk pass than Vail asks for a pass to almost 50 ski areas.

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

At those prices I can't imagine Elk sells a season pass to anyone other than those who own real estate within 30 minutes of there. Insane that they ask more for an Elk pass than Vail asks for a pass to almost 50 ski areas.

Vail also has revenue from 50 resorts that allows them to sell a pass for that amount, elk does not. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Wow @rummy how much did you pay for your season pass?  Maybe they sell a lot of passes to Scranton folks who think driving to Vermont is worth the drive. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich