Quad repair

I dont think this should come as any huge surprise. I thought vail put something out in march saying upgrades where on hold. 
what keeps running through my mind is, will they operate both places this year?  No one can deny that this is gonna be a fucked up ski season. 

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

what keeps running through my mind is, will they operate both places this year? 

That’s going to be a good one. One place has the terrain, the other place has the lights. If it comes down to that it will be interesting to see what they do. 

41 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
18 hours ago, Kyle said:
That’s going to be a good one. One place has the terrain, the other place has the lights. If it comes down to that it will be interesting to see what they do. 

JF weekends only. BB midweek only? Of course that would require snowmaking at both areas.

That’s seems to be the logical option, or maybe closing JF m/t/w, and keeping bb at its regular hours from the past season, 3-9 during the week and 10-10 on the weekends 

Is there another lift that runs parallel to the quad at Jack Frost?

There are 2 actually. The quad serves blacks Challenge and Thunderbolt. The one to the west (double triple) allows easy access to Thunderbolt, but you have to skate a little to get to Challenge.  Plus you had to deal with the park rats :-). From both of these trails you can’t return to that lift (which normally serves blues) but have to go over to the East mountain lift. From that lift you can of course ski East mountain, but you have to do a fairly long downhill traverse to Challenge, or do the traverse and skate a little to get to Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt was pretty deserted all last year.  It wasn’t too bad to lap Challenge on the East mountain chair, but thunderbolt was a pain.  

Hard to get a rhythm, and for me at Frost with the slow lifts, it is all about hopping off the lift and being right at the top of the trail, and then skiing right onto the lift without any traverses. Although the bottom of East mountain is a pain with the flat runout. Plus the East mountain lift is 90 seconds longer than the quad for really no increase in skiable elevation. Doesn’t sound like much, but when you do 20 trips in a morning, it adds up. The quad is 6 minutes up, 90 seconds down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

There are 2 actually. The quad swerves blacks Challenge and Thunderbolt. The one to the west allows easy access to Thunderbolt, but you have to skate a little to get to Challenge.

From both of these trails you can’t return to that lift (which normally serves blues) but have to go over to the East mountain lift. From that lift you can of course ski East mountain, but you have to do a fairly long downhill traverse to Challenge, or do the traverse and skate a little to get to Thunderbolt.

Hard to get a rhythm, and for me at Frost with the slow lifts, it is all about hopping off the lift and being right at the top of the trail, and then skiing right onto the lift without any traverses. Although the bottom of East mountain is a pain with the flat runout. Plus the East mountain lift is 90 seconds longer than the quad for really no increase in skiable elevation. Doesn’t sound like much, but when you do 20 trips in a morning, it adds up. The quad is 6 minutes up, 90 seconds down.

Wow I bet you’re glad you saw the light...the blue light. 

1 hour ago, C1erArt said:

Not fully converted yet. Especially if I can keep getting 15 dollar midweek senior passes at Frost. Vegging out now after a nice early run on the Lehigh

Blue weekday mornings is grate.  I’m gonna try to get out for as many of those sessions as possible this skison

• Like 2

• 2 months later...