Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

For those of you looking to go out west and perhaps have an ikon pass, Southwest just added flights into Hayden by Steamboat. Some round trips out of BWI are only $300, so I’m sure Philly is pretty similar.

I’m not sure what my season will look like. Right now there is still a quarantine in VT, and we have been told that patrollers will have to abide by that rule if it is still in place, and social distancing and masks will be required in top shacks. That means many of the mid-mountain shacks that are just passover spots right now will likely hold patrollers and there will be some type of cycle to the top. If the quarantine remains, most mountains in VT will be stretched for patrollers since the majority are weekend warriors coming from Boston or NYC.

I may need to get an Airbnb for the season in a state not requiring quarantine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

For those of you looking to go out west and perhaps have an ikon pass, Southwest just added flights into Hayden by Steamboat. Some round trips out of BWI are only $300, so I’m sure Philly is pretty similar.

I’m not sure what my season will look like. Right now there is still a quarantine in VT, and we have been told that patrollers will have to abide by that rule if it is still in place, and social distancing and masks will be required in top shacks. That means many of the mid-mountain shacks that are just passover spots right now will likely hold patrollers and there will be some type of cycle to the top. If the quarantine remains, most mountains in VT will be stretched for patrollers since the majority are weekend warriors coming from Boston or NYC.

I may need to get an Airbnb for the season in a state not requiring quarantine.

I dont get the quarantine in VT......is it people coming into VT, or people living in VT coming back from some other state?  Seems confusing.  

I dont get the quarantine in VT......is it people coming into VT, or people living in VT coming back from some other state?  Seems confusing.  

I’m sure it’s not followed by most people, but you are correct on both counts. You’re supposed to quarantine if you are from out of state, or coming back to VT from another state. It’s not realistic, but I believe that’s the rule in place.

5 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I’m sure it’s not followed by most people, but you are correct on both counts. You’re supposed to quarantine if you are from out of state, or coming back to VT from another state. It’s not realistic, but I believe that’s the rule in place.

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Both

So technically an out of state resident would need to quarantine in VT for 14 days before skiing even 1 day?  That sounds expensive.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Lets do a rental house in VT!....we can all split it, i see no reason why that could possibly go sideways on us.  I will get a hold of TTC6.  I know he will be up for it!  

That's a great idea, until day 4 when all the toilets are irreparably clogged....

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Sheets of sleet! Get pumped!

Hell yeah! Gimme a good heavy sleet to cover all the rocks on the gas line followed by a 6-8" storm. Dust on crust backcountry style!

4 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Lets do a rental house in VT!....we can all split it, i see no reason why that could possibly go sideways on us.  I will get a hold of TTC6.  I know he will be up for it!  

Paging @moe ghoul...

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This is a friends condo in killington. Their kids are heavily involved in competitive squash so they barely get up there.  

https://www.vrbo.com/260333?fbclid=IwAR3LmPVUPPdPSbb4yYAZNgJQn4obWRm6E7ss49Yp3JZD-jh1gBzF2WsfYWM

That thumbnail kinda looks like you have 2 boys and a wife.

• Like 1

So thats kind of interesting news.  I do feel how its written leaves them a little wiggle room on the day tickets.  Not sure how they figure how many passholders would be there at any given time, but since the scanners work so well, i would assume they have some data as to what that figure might be.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

So thats kind of interesting news.  I do feel how its written leaves them a little wiggle room on the day tickets.  Not sure how they figure how many passholders would be there at any given time, but since the scanners work so well, i would assume they have some data as to what that figure might be.  

I would love to see their data.