Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

1 hour ago, Barb said:

When I heard about this today my first thought was, great another unknown chemical being used. I could be wrong, have not looked into it at all but that was my first reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no 'new' chemical. Technically there's no disinfectant that gets rid of covid. Just covid like diseases - mainly sars. Theres a bunch of different trademarks and such for chemicals. Continuos acting ones have been around forever. Microban is the usual ones.

12 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

In the event that anyone is planning to fly this skison. From American...

We’re proud to announce that American Airlines will be the first airline to start treating our planes with SurfaceWiseemoji2400.png2, an EPA-approved antiviral solution, in the coming months. This breakthrough coating provides enhanced protection by the sustained killing of 99.9% of viruses, including coronaviruses, on surfaces.

How it works: When sprayed on surfaces, SurfaceWiseemoji2400.png2 forms an invisible, long-lasting barrier that physically breaks down and kills virus cells. A similar type of solution is already being used in hospitals due to its proven effectiveness to reduce the spread of infection. The highly durable coating remains effective even on high-touch surfaces like seats, tray tables and armrests, and through frequent cleanings, which we do after every flight.

All-around clean: Our Clean Commitment is our promise that we’re taking bold measures to help ensure your well-being when you travel with us. With the addition of industry-leading products like SurfaceWiseemoji2400.png2, you can travel with peace of mind.

We have some cleaning company come in every month or so to spray some magic sauce on everything.  Normally it would be a red flag to see someone spraying this completely harmless fog around the office with a mask on, but you know.......2020.  

Fogging isn't effective. This covid stuff brought out all the wacky business.

Everyone's got these tyvek painter's suits on like they're not a breathable fabric. Going into positive case buildings with permeable layers. Scams and bullshit everywhere. 

Edited by Shadows

This is interesting news, since New York would not allow Nascar to race at Watkins Glen, with no fans.  But the state run ski resort?  Giddy up!  Open for business as usual.  

Chair doesn't bother me as much. A packed gondola with people I don't know does. You can work around that at WF though. At Belle however the gondola is almost a necessity.

Chair doesn't bother me as much. A packed gondola with people I don't know does. You can work around that at WF though. At Belle however the gondola is almost a necessity.

For crowds to be dispersed, the gondola may be necessary, but without the gondola, I think you just have to ski it like before. Rely on the Superchief, Lift 7, and Tomahawk. It’s annoying having to transfer multiple lifts and not be completely high speed, but it is workable. I haven’t been since they installed it, so it could ski differently than before. Have crowds increased since ORDA took over and offered a 3 pass? I haven’t kept up on NY Ski Blog. He usually posts those numbers at the end of the year.

Here’s those numbers. Last years haven’t been posted yet.

https://nyskiblog.com/orda-skier-visits/

Also, here comes the obligatory annual late August question. Are the leaves changing yet?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

For crowds to be dispersed, the gondola may be necessary, but without the gondola, I think you just have to ski it like before. Rely on the Superchief, Lift 7, and Tomahawk. It’s annoying having to transfer multiple lifts and not be completely high speed, but it is workable. I haven’t been since they installed it, so it could ski differently than before. Have crowds increased since ORDA took over and offered a 3 pass? I haven’t kept up on NY Ski Blog. He usually posts those numbers at the end of the year.

Also, here comes the obligatory annual late August question. Are the leaves changing yet?

Yes leaves are changing south of route 22

Wow...I thought Belle's numbers would be the highest of the three. Turns out they're the lowest.

Wow...I thought Belle's numbers would be the highest of the three. Turns out they're the lowest.

Are you going to AZ as a standalone trip, or work related with a fun side trip?

I would say that the Belleayre numbers over the past 3 years before Covid are pretty telling. I think a 12k increase annually is probably a good number. I bet they are happy with that. Belleayre had many factors that worked against it for many years. It wasn’t properly advertised when the DEC managed it prior to 2017. They run parks and state forests, not ski areas. They had sub par snowmaking, two outdated lodges, several old lifts, and a very odd mountain layout. The DEC had many year round employees with benefits that put a drag on the bottom line. They had trouble getting money from the state since it came out of the general budget. They had very little income because they gave out BOGO’s and $25 lift tickets like they were going out of style.

Now they are managed by ODRA, who knows how to run and advertise a ski area. They have updated both lodges, added the gondola, and reworked some trails. They’ve also started slowly increasing and modernizing the snowmaking. I think they are on a good path, and with the proximity to NYC, I wouldn’t be surprised if they start getting closer in skier visits to the other two. They could even surpass it if the Belleayre Resort at Catskill Park is ever built.

Some insight from sugarbush. Mentions the VT quarantine rule and how having no gondola is an advantage for them.

https://www.sugarbush.com/blog/wins-word/so-what-is-going-to-happen-this-winter/?fbclid=IwAR2-iFpNvKHytMqlhJADEBvhaEaYkhEVLm6426T6zzTMSS4U4Ou-5p-zi5g

By contrast...no mention of quarantine

https://www.whiteface.com/side-tracks/letter-our-valued-guests

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

41 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

cc04532b46ab390b540423c341813a43.jpg
6ae872548d953b0750dcdfdec659a3ff.jpg

Many firsts for me last night. First time skiing in a mall, first time skiing in September and first lift beer of the 20-21 season. Hopefully this is a good start to what could be a very weird season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTGAI @AtomicSkier time to reset the stats. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, skiincy said:

@GSSucks - Fascinating! 

How long did you spend there?

What are the people doing on the right hand side? It looks like they're all standing in a line w/about the same distance between them.

I was there almost 2 hours, they are selling tickets in two hour blocks to limit the number of people, face coverings are required and you can only ride the lift with people in your party, good preview of what the season will look like. 

There is a T-bar up the right side along the wall.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

I was there almost 2 hours, they are selling tickets in two hour blocks to limit the number of people, face coverings are required and you can only ride the lift with people in your party, good preview of what the season will look like. 

There is a T-bar up the right side along the wall.

What skis were you on?