Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

30 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

JFBB is requiring reservations for passholders and guests. Plus in the email they included an ever elusive aerial shot of Jackson Frost.

So if a passholder makes a last minute decision to ski, but no reservation slots are available, are they SOL?

Edited by saltyant

JFBB is requiring reservations for passholders and guests. Plus in the email they included an ever elusive aerial shot of Jackson Frost.
14334dcea4a5a00a44bb0a2655b77686.jpg

They’re gonna miss out on a lot of early season revenue from all the bear creek kids who go up to Boulder for park laps before bear opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you learn that in your ski resort management classes?  

I don't plan out everything I do in advance. I might wake up on a Saturday morning and not feel like skiing. Or I might feel like skiing. So if I have to start making reservations as a pass holder, I might think twice about being a pass holder next year. Though yes, I know resorts could care less if I ski or not, I'm just one person. 

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Blue already said that they aren't doing that with passholders I thought.

Hope they dont get any idea from Jackson Frost! I made a deal with Blue when I bought my pass in March. Only Darth Vader can alter the deal. I personally think 8 am to 10 am should be for passholders only, then after 10 am everyone else.

Let us know how skiing at any other resort works out for you guys. Last i checked, nobody was forced into buying a pass at Blue. Its pretty clear everywhere that passholders have the advantage over day pass ticket sales. 

cant not bring up the elephant in the room either, which is will snowmaking anywhere be the same as it was in years past?  Loss of revenue for resorts has to tighten other things up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Hope they dont get any idea from Jackson Frost! I made a deal with Blue when I bought my pass in March. Only Darth Vader can alter the deal. I personally think 8 am to 10 am should be for passholders only, then after 10 am everyone else.

8-10 is already mostly passholders. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you reserve a time slot and don’t use it, you’re an asshole.  

You've never cancelled a reservation? I've cancelled many hotel reservations without being an asshole... Things come up - weather sucks, people get sick, plans change, etc. If Jack Frost doesn't implement a penalty for cancelling a reservation, I wouldnt be surprised if people abuse it, especially those who have been passholders for years or decades.

33 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You've never cancelled a reservation? I've cancelled many hotel reservations without being an asshole... Things come up - weather sucks, people get sick, plans change, etc. If Jack Frost doesn't implement a penalty for cancelling a reservation, I wouldnt be surprised if people abuse it, especially those who have been passholders for years or decades.

I don’t cancel reservations or appointments. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t cancel reservations or appointments. 

I generally don't but sometimes do... like if in the future we need to reserve a block of time a week in advance, then the forecast changes to rain... yep, not skiing 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Turns out I'm not the only potential asshole! From Teton Gravity forums:

"I kind of have no idea what this means. I guess that every Sunday at 12.01AM, I will go on-line to book reservations for MTWTHandF. Then, what happens if I decide to ski Alta or DV on W, but I have a reservation at PCMR. Me thinks that a lot of reservations will be made with no shows."