Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

I'd just reserve every timeslot I might possibly ski in the upcoming 2 or 3 weeks.

You only get 7 priority reservations.  When you use those reservations, you get one back.  And you can make reservations in teh general pool as well.

I think.  It's all very confusing....

7 hours ago, saltyant said:

I shouldn't have to reserve a time slot as a season pass holder. They can think of other ways to manage crowds.

Remember, JFBB is Vail now.  This is their corporate policy.  Seems insane to impose this on these small mountains. 

It seems to be designed to allow pass holders to reserve the big crowd days in advance - let them have first crack at X-mas, MLK, etc....

Then they will control crowds via the regular reservation system.  They haven't announced capacity levels yet.  Nor have they - I don't think - explained the plan for teh lodges.

• Like 1

Oh I read that as 7 priority reservations that can be booked more then a week out, like if you have a ski trip planned. Otherwise, reservations can be made no more then a week out. 

Since the Ikon Pass doesn’t own most of the mountains and just has partnerships, they have been coming out slowly with rules for those individual mountains. Eldora and Copper will require parking reservations, but not lift ticket reservations. I don’t totally get this because you don’t know how many people are coming in each car. Let’s just say it will be a very annoying, different kind of season. 

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

This reservation shit is way too confusing. All I need to know is can I ski a sweet night sesh after work if the mood strikes me or no?

At a resort like JFBB with the reservation shit, I guess you can ski on a whim when there are enough slots available 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

The National Park Service implemented a similar system which tells you how many remaining slots there are.

Edited by saltyant

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue is only gonna have reservations for day tickets not season passholders.  PARidge is just gonna make Salty more neurotic. 

No one's ever called me neurotic before. TFTI. A former internship guy called me a caricature of myself. I didn't know what it meant, but my friends assured me it wasn't a good thing. I still don't know what it means.

So it sounds like the only time this will be an issue for anyone here is in two situations; going on a trip somewhere, which is planned out in advance typically anyway so no huge deal there, or when trying to use the buddy pass, but it's more on the buddy to schedule the reservation than anything else. 

So it sounds like the only time this will be an issue for anyone here is in two situations; going on a trip somewhere, which is planned out in advance typically anyway so no huge deal there, or when trying to use the buddy pass, but it's more on the buddy to schedule the reservation than anything else. 

Or if you're a JFBB passholder[mention=3163]antman12[/mention] and [mention=13168]liplipliplip[/mention] maybe??

1 minute ago, Schif said:

Is anyone here a JFBB passholder this year? 

Side note: who has gotten IKONic and/or EPIC so far? 

This is what i cant figure out.  People are all uptight, and worried about the reservation thing at JFBB, but i dont know of one confirmed passholder.  

I'm pretty sure Barb is Epic.  It should be really interesting as to see how the Ikon pass works, with a reservation system or whatever.  Since Alterra doesnt own most of the resorts, i doubt the partner resorts would consider an Ikon pass holder to be a resort passholder.  Seems like the key to skiing this year is to be a passholder.  Honestly, it seems being Epic is the way to go if you plan on skiing a bunch of different resorts.......of course, thats what it looks like right now, but we know that some things look good on paper, but shit the bed in the real world.  Take for instance, 170 RTM's.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Schif said:

Is anyone here a JFBB passholder this year? 

Side note: who has gotten IKONic and/or EPIC so far? 

I am! Epic Pass.

Reservation system isn't terrible. Starting 11/8, you can reserve 7 days at any resort and get credited as you use them. You essentially float 7 guaranteed ski days at any given time on top of getting unlimited reservations for whatever the following week of skiing is. On 12/8, tickets go on sale to the general public, which includes buddy pass sales. I don't know if there will be slots held for week-of reservations or if they're just available when priority reservations/day tickets haven't claimed all the slots. That said, I don't think anyone knows what capacity is for each mountain, so it may be extremely difficult to get buddy passes if there's a bull run of priority reservations..

All things aside, if anyone knows what the uphill policy at crotched will be this season, I'm all ears, and skins.

• Like 1

I am Epic and Ikon. The only reason I have Epic is for Crested Butte. All the other resorts I ski are Ikon. I am not a real big fan of Vail, Breck etc. I also got the upgrade for 5 days at Aspen this year on my Ikon. Really not sure how that will even play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please explain WTF is the difference between an Epic Day Pass and a lift ticket, other than the fact that one has your photo on it and the other doesn't? From their wording, it seems like the Epic Day Pass gets you the same benefits re: reservations as a regular epic pass does, but the pricing is really confusing. For example, on Hunter's site, I see:
Even if you're only planning on skiing one day next season, the Epic Day Pass allows you to access Hunter Mountain at up to 50% off of the cost of lift tickets
When you click through to actually buy one, the cheapest 1-Day option available is $109, and the most expensive $129. That doesn't seem anywhere even remotely close to being 50% off.I was hoping to buy one or two days at this supposed discount rate for early season use at hunter before blue opens, but $109 for an early season day at hunter does not seem worth it at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shadows said:

says up to 50% not 50%.

Oh i'm aware of the subtle verbiage. But what are the circumstances under which someone would actually save 50% for a single day ticket? Because buying pre-season seems like the time when that discount would be most likely to apply, and if I'm remembering correctly, $109 is more than what I paid at the window there last year, so it's actually a price increase, and not a savings at all.

15 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Oh i'm aware of the subtle verbiage. But what are the circumstances under which someone would actually save 50% for a single day ticket? Because buying pre-season seems like the time when that discount would be most likely to apply, and if I'm remembering correctly, $109 is more than what I paid at the window there last year, so it's actually a price increase, and not a savings at all.

If you want to ski any Epic mountain before December 8th, youre going to need a pass. Guess they kinda have you backed into a corner with that one, gotta pay to ski. 

27 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Buy a 7-day pass and use it at a mountain with expensive daily tickets? Vail/Beaver Creek are above $200 for weekend dailies, Breckenridge is close.

34 minutes ago, liplipliplip said:

Buy a 7-day pass and use it at a mountain with expensive daily tickets? Vail/Beaver Creek are above $200 for weekend dailies, Breckenridge is close.

yea i guess that's the downside of the vail takeover for a lot of these smaller resorts. $129 is a "great deal" for vail for a day ticket, but pretty crappy for a place like frost. more weekends to bike or surf this fall before ski season kicks in at blue, i guess.

35 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

yea i guess that's the downside of the vail takeover for a lot of these smaller resorts. $129 is a "great deal" for vail for a day ticket, but pretty crappy for a place like frost. more weekends to bike or surf this fall before ski season kicks in at blue, i guess.

There's always Belleayre!

• Like 1