Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

Interesting that they will be backing off at the park scene at BB. i always felt that worked for BB, but i feel like it was a big hit 10 years ago, but much less now. 

Sort of seems like a no brainer to shut the lights and lifts off if there are no school groups. Loss of revenue is going to need to be made up in other areas if possible. 

Adding time in the morning would be more cost efficient than lighting the place up for small numbers. They could just run either the quad or the six for the really early crowd. I would be there for opening. Would be spectacular.   

Interesting that they will be backing off at the park scene at BB. i always felt that worked for BB, but i feel like it was a big hit 10 years ago, but much less now. 

Sort of seems like a no brainer to shut the lights and lifts off if there are no school groups. Loss of revenue is going to need to be made up in other areas if possible. 

Adding time in the morning would be more cost efficient than lighting the place up for small numbers. They could just run either the quad or the six for the really early crowd. I would be there for opening. Would be spectacular.   

I feel like they'll still keep the lights on those nights they're closed. Just seems like a very Blue thing to do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I feel like they'll still keep the lights on those nights they're closed. Just seems like a very Blue thing to do.

There might be something to them leaving the lights on if people are working at night......but you are correct, they leave the lights on alot. I just think they will be looking for anyway to save a few bucks this year. 

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

At Blue...The idea of no night skiing Monday through Friday has been seriously considered due to expected lack of school groups...My source wasnt sure where they landed however. sounded like a very strong possibility. Mostly everything else is expected to be the same at blue the true.

Well there goes my weeknight plans all winter. Fudge that. Maybe I'll get the Value Pass for Camelback instead and just get a refund or gift card for my Blue pass.

Edited by saltyant

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Well there goes my weeknight plans all winter. Fudge that. Maybe I'll get the Value Pass for Camelback instead and just get a refund or gift card for my Blue pass.

Do it. Im sure you will be able to get your money back from blue right now. It would be wise to do this now, rather than just be complaining about it over and over again during the season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Do it. Im sure you will be able to get your money back from blue right now. It would be wise to do this now, rather than just be complaining about it over and over again during the season. 

That was a fast reply. TFTI. If Blue makes it official I may. It would be tough for me to justify a Blue pass if they eliminate half of my planned ski sessions while Camelback continues to have night skiing.

Then I'll continue to ski at Blue on weekend mornings by using buddy passes generously offered by PASR posters like @GrilledSteezeSandwich

Edited by saltyant

22 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

It's a rumor. Take it with a grain of Saltyant...

Pretty significant if true though. Yes, Blue will likely do whatever they need to do to remain profitable. At the same time, since I'm now working at home this winter, I'm looking to get out of the house a few nights a week and go night skiing. Plus I really enjoy night skiing in general. It has a completely different vibe than daytime, and skiing an hour before close when most people leave is so much fun. Eliminating night skiing would largely tip the scale for me to favor Camelback for my next pass, assuming they dont also do away with it.

Edited by saltyant

Pretty significant if true though. Yes, Blue will likely do whatever they need to do to remain profitable. At the same time, since I'm now working at home this winter, I'm looking to get out of the house a few nights a week and go night skiing. Plus I really enjoy night skiing in general. It has a completely different vibe than daytime, and skiing an hour before close when most people leave is so much fun. Eliminating night skiing would largely tip the scale for me to favor Camelback for my next pass, assuming they dont also do away with it.

I love me some mid-week night skiing too Saltman but , if true, you won't see me getting a pass elsewhere. I'll make due. Besides how do you know CB won't do the same?

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I love me some mid-week night skiing too Saltman but , if true, you won't see me getting a pass elsewhere. I'll make due. Besides how do you know CB won't do the same?

No idea if CB has large groups of students during weeknights. If they do then perhaps night skiing is funked this season.

Edited by saltyant

This is extremely bad, the lack of night skiing. Driving in the weekday mornings is a nightmare due to traffic, way too much time wasted, and is a bigger pain taking time off.

IDK how they can even consider it without giving partial refunds on the season passes.

• Love 1

This is extremely bad, the lack of night skiing. Driving in the weekday mornings is a nightmare due to traffic, way too much time wasted, and is a bigger pain taking time off.

IDK how they can even consider it without giving partial refunds on the season passes.

Again it's something that somebody heard...Nothing confirmed yet.

9 hours ago, eaf said:

Well, really the pass is for unlimited skiing.  And i interpret unlimited skiing to mean when they are open.  Theres no Covid handbook for anyone to follow, this is new to everybody.  i am sure they can dig into their data and see what small population of passholders just ski at night.  i do get that there may be a small percentage, and i think its a really small number, of people that just ski at night, or ski 75% of the time at night.  

The season pass is so ridiculously cheap, i dont see a reason for a partial refund. I am so fucking tired of hearing people complain about a mountain owing them money because they couldnt ski on this day or that, or "only bought the pass to ski after March 15th"...lol, or i might have to make a reservation.....fuck, just hang it up if you arent willing to roll with some changes.  This is an expensive sport.  If someone feels they are entitled to a $50 refund on a $400 pass, they probably need to rethink their financial situation in regards to the hobby/sport. 

I do believe they should lay out their operational plan before the start of the season, (which i am sure they will) and if it does include less/no night skiing then they should offer a refund for those that would like to opt out of a season pass.  If it were my little mountain, i would have shut down season pass sales by now, and gone for the more profitable day ticket sales to get them up to max capacity for the day, what ever that number might be.  

If i had to make a bold prediction, and they did in fact keep the lights off during the week, and didnt offer a partial refund, nobody here would opt out of the pass.  Not even the other big talking complainer.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1