Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

59 minutes ago, Shadows said:

This thread should fall on the d.

d like a Dick?  

New page..I don’t care what does as long as I have plenty of popcorn.  I have customers like Eaf and Salty..shit they’ll buy a $3,000 tombstone and decide later they don’t want to add beloved mother and want a little break.  They get mad when I say extra wording is included but if you have no wording no discount lol.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, Schif said:

Remember in the beginning of the pandemic when people were patronizing local restaurants and shops and spending more money than they ordinarily would have for food or dropping big tips for haircuts or other services? Just use that logic with Blue and be happy that you're still getting the best deal in the state or a season pass. 

There's a big difference between throwing a few extra quarters in the tip jar and eliminating half of the time @eaf and I plan to spend enjoying our winter passion this season.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This will be my first entire winter working at home so I'm planning to do 2 night sessions a week. 

Fully half of Matt edge skiing is on Thursday nights..he will be distraught and his other day is Sundays and we all know it rains a lot on Sundays cause of @theprogram4

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Fully half of Matt edge skiing is on Thursday nights..he will be distraught and his other day is Sundays and we all know it rains a lot on Sundays cause of @theprogram4

This is hilarious how all this discussion started from a rumor. 

I highly doubt only a few of us will be distraught if this happens. Some of the students from the school groups will surely want to continue night skiing, no? I mean they'll be sitting inside all winter staring at their computer screens, and now their weeknight skiing might be taken away from them as well? They'll be bothering their parents to drive them to Blue Mountain. Heck, maybe they'll even convince mom or pop to put on a pair of planks for the first time.

Edited by saltyant

I highly doubt only a few of us will be distraught if this happens. Some of the students from the school groups will surely want to continue night skiing, no? I mean they'll be sitting inside all winter staring at their computer screens, and now their weeknight skiing might be taken away from them as well? They'll be bothering their parents to drive them to Blue Mountain. Heck, maybe they'll even convince mom or pop to put on a pair of planks for the first time.

I should've known better and kept my mouth shut. I actually thought the big news in all of that was the BB moving away from park thing.

32 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I should've known better and kept my mouth shut. I actually thought the big news in all of that was the BB moving away from park thing.

Well, that is a welcome change, why talk about it? Now, if they decided to convert one of the mountain to skiers only, and the other to boarders only, that would be interesting.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Well, that is a welcome change, why talk about it? Now, if they decided to convert one of the mountain to skiers only, and the other to boarders only, that would be interesting.

Big Boulder might be the place to be this season. No park AND night skiing!

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I think plenty of ski club groups will still go.  Suburban people and Richie Rich types aren’t as cautious about corona.  Some kids are playing contact sports now in non urban areas.  

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Stop.  its only a few that need talked off the ledge, but it was almost a good way to thin the herd.  Rumor or not, this could very well happen, so lets just call it a discussion.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Stop.  its only a few that need talked off the ledge, but it was almost a good way to thin the herd.  Rumor or not, this could very well happen, so lets just call it a discussion.  

Don't worry, I'll still stop by for Sausage Sunday after skiing Camelback and Matt Edge will being the karaoke machine so we can do the hokey pokey together.

• Thanks 1

Here it is, the best frontside skis as determined by Skimag.com.  Do i believe there are other better skis? Yes.  Do these manufacturers do tons of advertising in Ski?  Yes.  At least they do sort of know their ass from their face since they didnt put the RTM's on the list.  

https://www.skimag.com/gear/best-mens-frontside-recreational-skis?fbclid=IwAR3B86P4PxvPejQveymngEdv9NqXi0wIwjd8a9F-0CH9JPFHikj3XiJp7pE

I wouldnt mind taking the Nordica Enforcer 94 for a spin sometime.  I only use my Enforcers 100's at Blue, I guess the question is, am i putting extra effort into the 100, or am i rewarded with the width when Blue goes to sugar at 8:25?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eaf said:

RTMs are like Kastles, everybody knows they’re the best, so no need to talk the same thing over and over again. The articles is for runner ups.

@GrilledSteezeSandwich said RTMs are the most popular ski in Jackson Hole. They're always sold out which is why you cant find a pair of RTMs to rent.