Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich said RTMs are the most popular ski in Jackson Hole. They're always sold out which is why you cant find a pair of RTMs to rent.

Yup former Olympic gold medalist and JH local Tommy Moe skis RTMs unless it’s a snorkel pow day..he has 171s

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And this isn’t much different for you since you usually wear a mask skiing.  Not so much for warmth but to be elusive 

Elusive?? This is not another angle on whether I'm allowed to vote, is it?

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think you’re allowed to vote if you have your green card so you’re good Eaf. 

Well, that's awesome as I more than ever want to show my support for Trump. Beat those two-faced radical jackals where they belong. Wrong state to be in, but we'll see!

Edited by eaf
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yup former Olympic gold medalist and JH local Tommy Moe skis RTMs unless it’s a snorkel pow day..he has 171s

171s are kind of long. If you see Tommy Moe at JH this winter, tell him to try out the 170s instead.

Edited by saltyant

5 hours ago, eaf said:

Well, that's awesome as I more than ever want to show my support for Trump. Beat those two-faced radical jackals where they belong. Wrong state to be in, but we'll see!

In Jersey your presidential vote won’t even count..Biden and Trump don’t even campaign in NJ, it always goes to Blue..

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why new ski season is coming you need new skis.  Same for me. 

You're not helping. You should be like: "why do you need the new skis, if there may be no skiing?" And then I'll say: "yeah, you're right, better spend it on a new espresso machine". 

What are you getting?

Edited by eaf
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Why would there be no skiing? I'd be getting new skis too if I didn't already have the best pair money can buy.

Well, as much as you may love your skis, I don't think the feeling is mutual. How many bikes do you have? The skis definitely feel like you're not spending enough on them.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, eaf said:

Well, as much as you may love your skis, I don't think the feeling is mutual. How many bikes do you have? The skis definitely feel like you're not spending enough on them.

I have 3 bikes and only ride 1. For me, biking is different because I like to see how fast I can go on Strava.

Skiing is just about having fun and cruising down the mountain. The RTMs work great for me, but that's just me personally - everyone has their own preferences.

A pair of powder skis would be nice, but how often do I get to ski powder in northeast PA - once or twice a year, if I'm really, really lucky...

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I have 3 bikes and only ride 1. For me, biking is different because I like to see how fast I can go on Strava.

Skiing is just about having fun and cruising down the mountain. The RTMs work great for me, but that's just me personally - everyone has their own preferences. A pair of powder skis would be nice, but how often do I get to ski powder in northeast PA - once or twice a year, if I'm really, really lucky...

That's a ridiculous argument. You have stats on this site that will rival Strava. All of your bikes roll on hard ground, none will ride well on a beach, and yet you've managed to accumulate three versions of them. RTMs aren't for cruising, they're for ripping, so let's find you a cruiser now!

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Skiing is just about having fun and cruising down the mountain. The RTMs work great for me, but that's just me personally - everyone has their own preferences.

A pair of powder skis would be nice, but how often do I get to ski powder in northeast PA - once or twice a year, if I'm really, really lucky...

Salty do you ever have interest in skiing super fast??  I know you like to point them a little. 

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yee, but my RTMs are fast enough. Once I hit 55 mph I think at Elk Mountain.

I know I topped 80 at JH the one day skiing with Dazzling Dennis.  It was more scary than rad a few times.  The only time I was tracked legitly was at Blue when thinksnow Greg brought a radar gun and I hit 64 on razors and Atomic Jeff hit 74 but he was in a tuck and I was not. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

Well, Taos announced their plans on Friday for the season and they aren't offering any ski school for kids which is kind of a dealbreaker.  We can pay $750/kid per day for a private lesson but I'm not made of money.  Plus, it looks really restrictive regarding eating, drinking, etc. 

This will probably be the first year since 2011 that I don't get Taos in.  

Narrowed it down to Sun Valley or Steamboat for the family trip.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2