Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

Well, Taos announced their plans on Friday for the season and they aren't offering any ski school for kids which is kind of a dealbreaker.  We can pay $750/kid per day for a private lesson but I'm not made of money.  Plus, it looks really restrictive regarding eating, drinking, etc. 

This will probably be the first year since 2011 that I don't get Taos in.  

Narrowed it down to Sun Valley or Steamboat for the family trip.  

Steamboat receives a lot more annual snowfall than sun valley if Perder to murder is an objective.  Sucks about Taos.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I'd highly recommend Steamboat. That was by far the best ski trip I've ever had. I kinda wanna go back this year, but also want to see what else is out there.

You hit it perfectly with all the new snowfall.  I remember you had seafood soup at a Mexican restaurant that was to hot to eat..that was rad and also marshmallow peeps. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

Well, Taos announced their plans on Friday for the season and they aren't offering any ski school for kids which is kind of a dealbreaker.  We can pay $750/kid per day for a private lesson but I'm not made of money.  Plus, it looks really restrictive regarding eating, drinking, etc. 

Steamboat probably isnt the most bad ass place to ski, but i sure did enjoy it both times i was there.  I dont know anything about Sun Valley, but Steamboat would be a good choice for family stuff.  You would have a great time from Christmas Tree Bowl over to East Face.  Short in vert there, but super fun stuff there.  Trees at SB are plentiful.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You hit it perfectly with all the new snowfall.  I remember you had seafood soup at a Mexican restaurant that was to hot to eat..that was rad and also marshmallow peeps. 

Wow I forgot all about the seafood soup. TFTI. I also sprayed left over whipped cream directly into my mouth right before we departed our luxury condominium. Had such a great time with @enjoralas and @pops. I still feel bad about tell off the hot springs shuttle driver since I thought he charged me twice, but I guess he didn't.

Edited by saltyant

For $750 my kid better be skiing away from that lesson like Hansi Hinterseer doing the ski twist.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Wow I forgot all about the seafood soup. TFTI. I also sprayed left over whipped cream directly into my mouth right before we departed our luxury condominium. Had such a great time with @enjoralas and @pops. I still feel bad about tell off the hot springs shuttle driver since I thought he charged me twice, but I guess he didn't.

Enjorales last visited PASR on 4/23. WTF. He’s gonna have a lot of posts to catch up on.  Pops hasn’t been posting much either. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Hahahahaha

Little known fact about Prisencolinensinainciusol...the gibberish the singer utters in that song is an attempt to capture what Americans sound like to Europeans (italians specifically).

When Salty posted the Prisencolinensinainciusol video, I was trying to figure out what he was saying because to me it sounded like an italian guy speaking not perfect english.  I have to copy and paste the word Prisencolinensinainciusol each time I write it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Enjorales last visited PASR on 4/23. WTF. He’s gonna have a lot of posts to catch up on.  Pops hasn’t been posting much either. 

But Enjoralas was posting on Facebook about the new Camelback lift. I'm kind of surprised he didn't come here for further discussion. @pops hasn't made a single post yet! Maybe this season he will start posting.

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Would a little kindness kill you Douglas?

I used to make a ton of little wiggle turns on skinny skis and I still do on fat skis sometimes and I enjoy skiing whatever line you take so there’s your kindness. Elbow bump. 

Para-weaver when nightmare is closed the turns into it..when fast and soft $$$$ I like when it’s like yup I’m just skiing that run some more...then nastar Glenn comes to the lot and is like heyyyyy where were you guys I was on switchback 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich