Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

If you look at the sun angle on the cord it looks like there is an obstruction caused by some machinery near the TP4 statue. I don't want to read into it too much, but it looks like they are removing the statue from its current location to place it at the top of the newly named TP4 trail that has been in the works for the last decade. Not trying to stir the pot, but I think that is the hidden message.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

If you look at the sun angle on the cord it looks like there is an obstruction caused by some machinery near the TP4 statue. I don't want to read into it too much, but it looks like they are removing the statue from its current location to place it at the top of the newly named TP4 trail that has been in the works for the last decade. Not trying to stir the pot, but I think that is the hidden message.

Correct.  The Pope was saddened by our mild winters and sent the statue back to Blue in hopes of colder/snowier winters.  It was initially placed at its original location above Honey Bee Bowl, however the Pope has been pretty upset by the lack of progress on Coming Soon and thus asked Barb to have it moved above Coming Soon

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Correct.  The Pope was saddened by our mild winters and sent the statue back to Blue in hopes of colder/snowier winters.  It was initially placed at its original location above Honey Bee Bowl, however the Pope has been pretty upset by the lack of progress on Coming Soon and thus asked Barb to have it moved above Coming Soon

Wow. Truth comes out. Great news! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Actually I wasn't. was tongue in cheek...more so was waiting to see how long it would take for this...

I don't think it was. Their Facebook post said, "Many of you prefer visiting the mountain in the morning...".

According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, many (\ ˈme-nē  \) is defined as "consisting of or amounting to a large but indefinite number".

Say 100,000 people ski at Blue Mountain, and 60% prefer to visit the mountain in the morning. That equates to 60,000 people, or are large number of people; "many".

At the same time, 40,000 people prefer to ski at night. That's also "many".

Therefore, it's also correct to state, "Many of you prefer visiting the mountain in the evening...".

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

no one who can ski during the day prefers to ski at night. let's all just stop kidding ourselves

But many people like myself and @eaf can't ski during the day during the week. So it's either night skiing or nothing at all. Plus, I've always had an insane amount of fun skiing the last hour before close when the trails and lift lines are completely empty.

43 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I don't think it was. Their Facebook post said, "Many of you prefer visiting the mountain in the morning...".

According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, many (\ ˈme-nē  \) is defined as "consisting of or amounting to a large but indefinite number".

Say 100,000 people ski at Blue Mountain, and 60% prefer to visit the mountain in the morning. That equates to 60,000 people, or are large number of people; "many".

Therefore, it's also correct to state, "Many of you prefer visiting the mountain in the evening...".

Just because you determine both scenarios to be "many" doesn't mean that they were wrong with their statement. Skiing at night sucks anyway.

• Confused 1

First off it was Instagram not Facebook. Second STFU.
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, saltyant said:

This scenario is called majority/minority. Your definition of many would not not apply here as it’s not an indefinite number, it’s either 60k or 40k. 

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This scenario is called majority/minority. Your definition of many would not not apply here as it’s not an indefinite number, it’s either 60k or 40k. 

Blue said many people enjoy morning skiing. I dont see any hidden message there because many people enjoy night skiing also