Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

Just booked Southwest to DEN for me and Pops 1/31 - 2/5. $90 round trip, but used points. Not sure we’ll go anywhere, but since I used points it’s fully refundable until last minute.

Was gonna book it anyway since it’s LUV and would have had 1 yr from today to use credit if we had to cancel, but having enough points made it a no-brainer.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

@JFskiDan is going to be bummed if he can't fit in

I'm good.  Just talked to TCC6, i can go in his 'vette, but thanks for looking out for me. His new one wont be ready for pickup until November, since he ordered it with the ultra limited stripe package, so we are slumming it in his 2018.  He said the suction cup ski rack holds most of the time.  

His GF (eagles cheerleader, BTW) was gonna go, but she figured she should stay at home since all of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders will be at his place for the weekend.  

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I'm good.  Just talked to TCC6, i can go in his 'vette, but thanks for looking out for me. His new one wont be ready for pickup until November, since he ordered it with the ultra limited stripe package, so we are slumming it in his 2018.  He said the suction cup ski rack holds most of the time.  

His GF (eagles cheerleader, BTW) was gonna go, but she figured she should stay at home since all of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders will be at his place for the weekend.  

Whatever you’re smoking pass it this way. 

That's not true at all, at least not at Blue.
In the middle of busy weekdays and any weekends it's not skiing, it's a torture. Snow's shit, part of the mountain is closed for racing, the rest is overcrowded by front platers because that's the earliest when they can start reaching the slopes.
Spring days are terribly slow, sticky and wet. Only by 5pm does it get firm and fast enough for skiing to become enjoyable.
Then they groom, and the entire mountain freezes solid overnight, so early morning hours are like skiing on a grater.
If it's not spring, but early or midseason when they still blow snow, then night skiing is exquisite, esp. if it's somewhat windy. Guns are roaring, snow is blowing, floodlights amplify the effect, and it becomes like skiing in a blizzard. There are no stupid conversations on the lifts like "beautiful day today, isn't it?", folks go up like ruffled birds, looking grimly at the elements below, self-administering a couple of sips of 80-proof heat from time to time (this ain't some watery crafty pocket beer for sissy days, this is the real stuff), thoughts drowning in the sound of guns and screaming for mercy airpods.
IDK what kind of snow days other people have paid for when they were buying their snowpasses, but I definitely was looking more for some of the latter than the former.

Wtf did I just read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Cases are on the rise in summit county which has Al over at Abasin a bit nervous.  I know the types of people in summit county   They mainly don’t give a fuck about corona   

http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/2020/10/to-summit-county-residents.html?m=1

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Cases are on the rise in summit county which has Al over at Abasin a bit nervous.  I know the types of people in summit county   They mainly don’t give a fuck about corona   

http://arapahoebasin.blogspot.com/2020/10/to-summit-county-residents.html?m=1

This is definitely not the ski season for vacation planners. People who enjoy flying by the seat of their pants will be just fine.
  • Like 1