Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

15 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I'm getting so used to eating shit sandwiches this year that I totally accept this weather and lack of skiing. 

I'm with you on that one, just sort of having trouble thinking a year ago we got one good run down midway, and multiple shitty ones.  I would love to be taking a run down midway at its worst right now though.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

I'm with you on that one, just sort of having trouble thinking a year ago we got one good run down midway, and multiple shitty ones.  I would love to be taking a run down midway at its worst right now though.  

I hear ya.

I want to ski as much as anybody, but maybe it's time to invest in some new hobbies? Coincidentally, if it's too warm to make snow, that usually means it's pretty much perfect weather for riding bikes. I dread the offseason much less since I got into mountain biking. Also I still need to mount up my new skis, and I have winter stuff spread across 3 different houses still. I guess I should get my act together in the event that it actually starts to get and stay cold.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Ha midway was such a shit shoe after 10 minutes, those sugar bumps were such a hoot!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

I want to ski as much as anybody, but maybe it's time to invest in some new hobbies? Coincidentally, if it's too warm to make snow, that usually means it's pretty much perfect weather for riding bikes. I dread the offseason much less since I got into mountain biking. Also I still need to mount up my new skis, and I have winter stuff spread across 3 different houses still. I guess I should get my act together in the event that it actually starts to get and stay cold.

This is what I've been thinking. I used to quit biking from November through March, but this year I'm going to stick with it, even if just using the trainer. When we get warm days in the mid 40s I'll be biking if I can.

The current temperature range (e.g. purgatory) sucks because it's too warm to ski, and a little too cold for biking.

I guess mountain biking might be warmer since you're not going fast and are insulated from the wind by trees. If I find a good deal on a mountain bike I'll get one.

X-country skiing sounds fun too but we just don't get enough snow these days 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This is what I've been thinking. I used to quit biking from November through March, but this year I'm going to stick with it, even if just using the trainer. When we get warm days in the mid 40s I'll be biking if I can.

The current temperature range (e.g. purgatory) sucks because it's too warm to ski, and a little too cold for biking.

I guess mountain biking might be warmer since you're not going fast and are insulated from the wind by trees. If I find a good deal on a mountain bike I'll get one.

X-country skiing sounds fun too but we just don't get enough snow these days 

Yeah I think you can comfortably get away with riding a mtb in colder temps than a road bike. I did a ~15 mile road ride last friday morning up and back to AC to go surf and wore mittens even though it was only in the high 40s when I left the house. On the mtb I'd still be wearing my regular thin gloves for those same temps. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Blue will make snow tonight, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  This will be enough to survive Friday, Saturday, and Sunday warmth.  They will open this weekend and continue making snow next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  See ya’ll this weekend!

Is this post from 2019? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

No new hobbies here...just drive further north to colder climates!

In all honesty while skiing will always be my addiction... I really want to get more so into biking and camping more. I need a bike.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

They will open this weekend and continue making snow next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  

as much as i want that to be true, i kind of hope not. i still have equipment to pick up and a jacket to be fixed. better get on it i guess.

i was going to pick up golfing this offseason but slacked on it, now i'm regretting it.

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I think there is one poster on here under age 30...but then again internet message boards are super out dated and full of us old folks.  

This is kind of depressing. Are we all going to be in our 60s and still posting on a message board? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Schif said:

I don't love drinking when I golf. I would prefer to have one afterwards. 

I refer to it as swing lube. The key is to have just enough that it’s a good time, but not enough to affect judgement and motor skills 

• Like 3