Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Key takeaway: “travelers have the option to quarantine in their home state before traveling to VT” 

so feasibly, you could quarantine at home two weeks before your trip, then drive straight to VT and meet their specifications. 

Could you still ski Blue during the quarentine and how could you prove you quarentined. 

17 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Don't want to sound like a hater on Vermont but no way in hell am I quarantining for 2 weeks for a Vermont ski trip.  Maybe out west, but that's even pushing it.  It's stupid that you can't just get a test a day or 2 right before you go.  

And this was the year I wanted to go back to Stowe and maybe hit Whiteface with PARidge. 

• Sad 3

It's stupid that you can't just get a test a day or 2 right before you go.  

MA has a negative test that was administered within 3 days of you traveling there. So the trick is to get tested and if you manage to get the test results within 68 hours to drive like hell to cross the boarder [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

That's what they've said from the beginning. How feasible that is, or whether someone is actually willing to do it is an entirely different story.

It’s feasible if you wfh and don’t have to make a stop from PA to VT (which I’ve done). I guess if someone is willing to do it or not depends on their morals and how much they want to ski. 

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Could you still ski Blue during the quarentine and how could you prove you quarentined. 

Do you know what quarantine means? 

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are tests free or covered by insurance?

I think it depends on where you go. 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It’s feasible if you wfh and don’t have to make a stop from PA to VT (which I’ve done). I guess if someone is willing to do it or not depends on their morals and how much they want to ski. 

Do you know what quarantine means? 

I think it depends on where you go. 

If you drive to VT after quarantining from home you can make food/toilet/gas stops.

Seriously considering seeking refund from Epic and instead getting ORDA passes and doing Belleayre/Gore/Whiteface this year.- as NJ/NY seem to have agreed on no travel restrictions between them. Cause it looks like the only place I will be free and clear to go any time on Epic is Hunter - and it could be very challenging getting reservations there if VT remains as locked down as now.  

28 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If you drive to VT after quarantining from home you can make food/toilet/gas stops.

I drove from St. Louis to Hazleton for 12.5 hours and only made two 5 minute stops to pump gas. I literally didnt eat or drink anything in that time period, well maybe Captain's Wafers @GrilledSteezeSandwich.

If people start wearing diapers they can cross through multiple states without having to stop for bathroom breaks. Then I guess they're exempt from that state's travel laws and regulations regarding quarantining.

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I drove from St. Louis to Hazleton for 12.5 hours and only made two 5 minute stops to pump gas. I literally didnt eat or drink anything in that time period, well maybe Captain's Wafers @GrilledSteezeSandwich.

If people start wearing diapers they can cross through multiple states without having to stop for bathroom breaks. Then I guess they're exempt from that state's travel laws and regulations regarding quarantining.

Gotta watch out for the helicopters patrolling plates. I saw it on PASR so it must be true. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You're not allowed, there's a rumour going around that Blue will deactivate your season pass until you complete quarantine. I read it in a Facebook meme so it must be true.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are tests free or covered by insurance?

I was doing some research and I found a place near me that has rapid tests that are covered by insurance *if* you do a telemedicine appointment, or you can just pay $150 out of pocket and get a rapid test any time you want.  I will probably go that route when its time to start traveling a bunch soon.  

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Seriously considering seeking refund from Epic and instead getting ORDA passes and doing Belleayre/Gore/Whiteface this year.- as NJ/NY seem to have agreed on no travel restrictions between them. Cause it looks like the only place I will be free and clear to go any time on Epic is Hunter - and it could be very challenging getting reservations there if VT remains as locked down as now.  

You also get Vermont mountains with epic and JfBB

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

You're not allowed, there's a rumour going around that Blue will deactivate your season pass until you complete quarantine. I read it in a Facebook meme so it must be true.

Wow that’s crazy...I guess my plans for Mount Snow are going to go by the wayside. 

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You also get Vermont mountains with epic and JfBB

Right but at present there are quarantine restrictions that make VT a challenge to go to and PA is actually requiring proof of a covid test within 72 hrs of entry. 

If I want to avoid either quarantining/testing or violating rules (admittedly who knows to what degree they will be enforced) then the NY Mtns are my best option. 

Still on the fence. Gotta decide ideally  before Dec 1 when ORDA prices go up and def by Dec 7 (last day for Epic refund). Or may just bag pass this year entirely - instead using things like ORDA Freq Skier Card, maybe an Indy Pass.

Hopefully will get some reports on what enforcement is like before I need to decide. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

15 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Right but at present there are quarantine restrictions that make VT a challenge to go to and PA is actually requiring proof of a covid test within 72 hrs of entry. 

If I want to avoid either quarantining/testing or violating rules (admittedly who knows to what degree they will be enforced) then the NY Mtns are my best option. 

Still on the fence. Gotta decide ideally  before Dec 1 when ORDA prices go up and def by Dec 7 (last day for Epic refund). Or may just bag pass this year entirely - instead using things like ORDA Freq Skier Card, maybe an Indy Pass.

Hopefully will get some reports on what enforcement is like before I need to decide. 

You've gotta be in heaven since you are mr. analysis.  Crunching the numbers for the best deal was getting too easy, now you have a new challenge with the travel restrictions!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, NMSKI said:

You've gotta be in heaven since you are mr. analysis.  Crunching the numbers for the best deal was getting too easy, now you have a new challenge with the travel restrictions!

Frankly I'd rather be sliding down a snow covered mountain - W.C. Live2Ski

• Like 1

The quarantining is supposed to work in both directions, if you travel to VT you are supposed to meet VT requirements for travel from another state.

And when you travel back to PA from another state you are supposed to meet new requirements that start 20Nov:  https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx

All that hating you do on PA seems silly now doesn't it? 10 minute ride to 1100 vertical here. No tests required.
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

All that hating you do on PA seems silly now doesn't it? 10 minute ride to 1100 vertical here. No tests required.

Except PA is now the state that has announced the most stringent rules prohibiting entry from out of state of any of the states I am considering skiing in. Even quarantine will not do to enter PA - a negative Covid test within 72 hrs is required - with fines for non-compliance. That is one factor that has me reconsidering keeping Epic pass. And I am over the top annoyed at PA as well as VT.

But yeah if you live 10 minutes from Blue it is a great place to ski from 8 to 10 am. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Except PA is now the state that has announced the most stringent rules prohibiting entry from out of state of any of the states I am considering skiing in. Even quarantine will not do to enter PA - a negative Covid test within 72 hrs is required - with fines for non-compliance. That is one factor that has me reconsidering keeping Epic pass. And I am over the top annoyed at PA as well as VT.

But yeah if you live 10 minutes from Blue it is a great place to ski from 8 to 10 am. 

PA will not be enforcing their rules so no need to be over the top annoyed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Hunter opening Wed with reservations for pass holders opening Mon. If we are going to stick with Epic I expect we will start our Skison somewhere between Thursday and Saturday depending on how forecast evolves. So need to decide for sure by then about pass plans.

Looking at their webcams and forecast I don’t see how hunter is going to be open on Wednesday.