Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Believe it or not midweek days and nights are also a great time to ski at blue. I know that's a hard concept for weekend warriors to grasp.

Thats how I did most of my early skiing at Little Gap when I was in HS 75 min away. $10 weekday night tix. 

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Believe it or not midweek days and nights are also a great time to ski at blue. I know that's a hard concept for weekend warriors to grasp.

i'm wondering if weekdays at blue will be a little more crowded since more people are working from home now. gonna try for more nights this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm wondering if weekdays at blue will be a little more crowded since more people are working from home now. gonna try for more nights this season.

I was shocked how crowded weekday mornings were at blue last season. There used to be like 7-8 people for opening, now there are like 50 people on a weekday morning

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Benm said:

Yes I expect that...and night might be a little less crowded with less school groups.  Gonna try for less nights this weekend and more weekday mornings.  I can come into work at 1130. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The demographics are getting older.  More and more are retiring. 

My department as a whole needs to downsize 200 some people across the US this year and we’re projecting that 95% of that will happen naturally through retirement 

Edit: there’s 1500+ people in my department 

Edited by Kyle

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

My department as a whole needs to downsize 200 some people across the US this year and we’re projecting that 95% of that will happen naturally through retirement 

Edit: there’s 1500+ people in my department 

Either you have a very old workforce in your department or they are crazy for thinking that many will retire. 

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Either you have a very old workforce in your department or they are crazy for thinking that many will retire. 

The average age for my department is like 50 something. I’m one of the youngest at 29 

theres 25 people just in our local office (rip) that are eligible for retirement in 2021 

Edited by Kyle

The new lift is open at camelback. They rang a bell for it and opened up a bottle of champagne with a machete. Radical.  It’s on their Facebook.  

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158349731404022&id=107967094021&m_entstream_source=video_home&player_suborigin=entry_point&player_format=permalink&anchor_composer=false&ref=m_notif&notif_t=watch_follower_video

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The new lift is open at camelback. They rang a bell for it and opened up a bottle of champagne with a machete. Radical.  It’s on their Facebook.  

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158349731404022&id=107967094021&m_entstream_source=video_home&player_suborigin=entry_point&player_format=permalink&anchor_composer=false&ref=m_notif&notif_t=watch_follower_video

Speed so high it is almost a blur

• Confused 1

I was all excited because some friends and I made plans to drive up to Winter Park and just do a mellow tour and test out gear. We knew we were not going to Berthoud Pass since it is always a shit show. But even when we drove by it looked pretty dry. Iced over punchy snow but there were plenty of cars there. When we got to the spot we planned this is what we found.

2728c6e36bcab42624d3da2f2c78220c.jpg
So since a few of us just got new beacons we just did some beacon practice for a while
b5d22669a878cd5e0fbac30f71e3a2f0.jpg
Such a bummer, we really need some snow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Barb said:

I was all excited because some friends and I made plans to drive up to Winter Park and just do a mellow tour and test out gear. We knew we were not going to Berthoud Pass since it is always a shit show. But even when we drove by it looked pretty dry. Iced over punchy snow but there were plenty of cars there. When we got to the spot we planned this is what we found.

So since a few of us just got new beacons we just did some beacon practice for a while

Better than what we have. 

2 hours ago, Barb said:

You could ski that

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I've noticed that some mountains either have opened or will open to pass holders only to start. Wonder if Blue will do the same.

I wonder if this is a way to use a control group to test their new systems/rules?