Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

So I went on Montage's website to see if they had made any snow when I wasn't paying attention (they did not) and found something interesting when reading their snow report. 

Covid Safety Measures like Social Distancing in congregating areas (lines, lodge, bathrooms etc) and mask wearing will be in place this season. One major thing playing in our favor is our outdoor space.  Additional food and beverage locations are being added outside near the top of the Northface to relax between runs and safely enjoy the post-run fun we all love

It'll be interesting to see what they do there. It's been tried in the past to put things at the top of the North Face but it was always very much half assed. The current management seems to be doing things in an aesthetically pleasing way at the very least so it will be interesting to see what comes of this. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Benm said:

missed a day between frame 2 and 3 but yikes. hard to watch.

melt.gif

Applauding their efforts, it was a gamble as everyone knows, but its not looking like a return to snowmaking until monday the 30th.  Looks like they will have some good overnight temps to work with, but days might be a little warm.  It will be interesting to see if anything sticks around until then.  Its reassuring to know that Blue is committed to making this season happen for us.  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Temps have been trending colder early next week. Probably not enough to get open, but I'll take anything at this point to get us closed to drinking a beer in the parking lot after 75 minutes of Main Street madness. 

hope that lot beer is for loosening up the legs in preparation for round two. the real fun on mainstreet doesn't really begin until the piles start to form.

• Like 1

Eldora opened today but parking reservations required. I am kind of holding off on Ikon resorts until I see what happens with a possible lockdown. If you don’t use pass you can defer it towards next season credit. Def keeping Epic pass because of Crested Butte. 

Eldora opened today but parking reservations required. I am kind of holding off on Ikon resorts until I see what happens with a possible lockdown. If you don’t use pass you can defer it towards next season credit. Def keeping Epic pass because of Crested Butte. 

Parking reservations? Speaking of which...I'm kinda looking forward to using my car as a ski lodge for non blue mountain sessions. The juice bags should stay cold on the car.

Copper and Eldora are doing parking reservations instead of lift ticket reservations. I don’t really get it because you don’t have to limit the people in your car, nor do you have to say how many people will be in your car. Also you can take the bus to either place so that would increase their numbers too. 

If anyone is in the mood for some live music from Joy & Rob with The Beagles while waiting for their skison to start - show on for Sunday - details here

https://fb.me/e/1IUv1gEu0

Also you are invited to like our new page https://facdbook.com/JoyRobBeagles

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If anyone is in the mood for some live music from Joy & Rob with The Beagles while waiting for their skison to start - show on for Sunday - details here

https://fb.me/e/1IUv1gEu0

Also you are invited to like our new page https://facdbook.com/JoyRobBeagles

Why a new page?

2 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

Sad part is Ski2Cocoa will be skiing and you prolly won't be...I'm sure we will be well informed on the super powpow at Hunter.....

I like cocoa if free

43 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Actually made a Hunter reservation for Friday 

Way to get after it 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Why a new page?

Doing an album as "Joy & Rob with The Beagles" and want to promote that.

Still gonna do some stuff as The Beagles not involving Joy and wanted to keep up a page focused on that and the last album as well. FB pages are free, so . . . 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1