Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

7 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If anyone is in the mood for some live music from Joy & Rob with The Beagles while waiting for their skison to start - show on for Sunday - details here

https://fb.me/e/1IUv1gEu0

Also you are invited to like our new page https://facdbook.com/JoyRobBeagles

Oops- bad link- new page is actually https://facebook.com/JoyRobBeagles

• Like 1

Hunter opened with 6 trails (aka) 2 TTB runs. Hellgate > Kennedy and Belt Parkway.

Got a reservation for 3 of us for Friday.

Waiting to hear reports on crowds and conditions and see how much of a washout TDay is to know if I will use it.  A long day trip for 2 open runs - but they are 1500 foor vertical runs, one has decent steep, I can only ski one run at a time anyway and it has been a longer than normal Off Skison with a couple hours in the Snow Dome not really scratching that itch.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Hunter opened with 6 trails (aka) 2 TTB runs. Hellgate > Kennedy and Belt Parkway.

Got a reservation for 3 of us for Friday.

Waiting to hear reports on crowds and conditions and see how much of a washout TDay is to know if I will use it.  A long day trip for 2 open runs - but they are 1500 foor vertical runs, one has decent steep, I can only ski one run at a time anyway and it has been a longer than normal Off Skison with a couple hours in the Snow Dome not really scratching that itch.

Do it and take pictures! Get that stoke market up!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A saw a few posts up epic passholders only.  A shame Blue won’t do something like this when they open.  Maybe they will.  

correct. passholders until until dec 8th. curious to hear how crowded hunter is this weekend. maybe they'll be at capacity, who knows, but they'll definitely be losing money not opening up to day tickets. maybe @AtomicSkiercan set up a Zoom call from the chairlift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

correct. passholders until until dec 8th. curious to hear how crowded hunter is this weekend. maybe they'll be at capacity, who knows, but they'll definitely be losing money not opening up to day tickets. maybe @AtomicSkiercan set up a Zoom call from the chairlift.

It looked empty today. 

Skiing sounds like such a hassle this year. Pass for this, reservation for that, reservation to park, reservation to pee, quarantine to leave the state, quarantine to enter the state, swabs shoved down your throat to leave the state, super long lift lines, limited gondola capacity on powder days... ugh.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Skiing sounds like such a hassle this year. Pass for this, reservation for that, reservation to park, reservation to pee, quarantine to leave the state, quarantine to enter the state, swabs shoved down your throat to leave the state, super long lift lines, limited gondola capacity on powder days... ugh.

Imagine complaining about making a reservation to go skiing and powder day hassles when people have been through infinitely worse this year for the same reasons that you're mad about making a reservation to go skiing. Perspective my friend.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Imagine complaining about making a reservation to go skiing and powder day hassles when people have been through infinitely worse this year for the same reasons that you're mad about making a reservation to go skiing. Perspective my friend.

Correct. But skiing still sounds like such a hassle 🤷🏼‍♂️

And I get all that. But it looks like the days of doing things on a whim are over. I dont like to plan things in advance all the time. Like I dont know what I'm doing this weekend, I thought maybe I'll ski Huntah. But then I saw that you need a pass, but maybe there's another pass. But then it's a moot point anyway because the reservation thingy is full, plus I'm not quarantining for 2 weeks afterwards.

Happy Thanksgiving @RidgeRacer!!!

Correct. But skiing still sounds like such a hassle [emoji2373]

No it doesn't at all. Less people on the mountain, uncrowded slopes, solo lift rides, no quarantine for you in PA and NY if you want to go there, no ticket windows means direct to slope access, no lines or crowds in the lodge. Yeah that sounds terrible.

It's Thanksgiving Saltman. Be thankful.
  • Thanks 1

This is news to me. I thought it's mandatory for PA to NY travelers?

That's fake news to you. Pennsylvania is a contiguous state with NY therefore we're golden.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-new-guidelines-allowing-out-state-travelers-test-out-mandatory-14-day

Governor Cuomo Announces New Guidelines...
Travelers Must Get Tested Within Three Days Prior to Landing in New York, Quarantine for at Least Three Days Upon Arrival, and Get a Test on Day Four of Arrival

If Travelers Receive a Negative Test On Day Four of Quarantine They May Exit Quarantine When They Receive Negative Result

States that are Contiguous with New York Continue to Be Exempted from Quarantine Protocol — Essential Workers Also Continue to be Exempted