Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

I don’t think any of us are trying to ski less this winter. Maybe that also applies to listening to youTwo or watching the Boston football club lol

Quality over quantity meaning if it's shit and I know it's shit I won't be in any rush to head out the door ..i say that now but when I see my ass falling out of the top 20 in the stats I'm sure I'll change my tune.

21 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Quality over quantity meaning if it's shit and I know it's shit I won't be in any rush to head out the door ..i say that now but when I see my ass falling out of the top 20 in the stats I'm sure I'll change my tune.

It just doesn’t make sense coming from you cause you’re the least picky about ski conditions and most happy to be out there!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

It's all about the stats. Maybe if I stop complaining @GrilledSteezeSandwich will reinstate me as Junior Assistant Stats Manager in Training!

Edited by saltyant

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I hear you...but it's not a normal year.

We need your optimism...needs to get cold..and with tha early end of last season and likely late start to this season I’ll be more likely to ski shit conditions than normal.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It's all about the stats. Maybe if I stop complaining @GrilledSteezeSandwich will reinstate me as Junior Assistant Stats Manager in Training!

No way that ship has sailed a long time ago.  You were complaining irrationally so much lately I almost put you on ignore. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Pretty naive given how little we knew and how few precautions were taken back then.  Even given today's numbers in the US, we can probably have a safer ski season than Europe was having in mid March.

I think back to our European ski trip were we packed into 50 and 110 person trams butt to nuts.  Not good at all.  If there was a place I was going to get covid in the last 11 months, that was it.

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Pretty naive given how little we knew and how few precautions were taken back then.  Even given today's numbers in the US, we can probably have a safer ski season than Europe was having in mid March.

I think back to our European ski trip were we packed into 50 and 110 person trams butt to nuts.  Not good at all.  If there was a place I was going to get covid in the last 11 months, that was it.

Airports were really crowded as well with no mask use on planes as well right.  I think you told me buffets were still set up in airport lounges.  

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Airports were really crowded as well with no mask use on planes as well right.  I think you told me buffets were still set up in airport lounges.  

Correct.  @toast21602 and I feasted in the United Club in LHR, widely recognized as the best UC anywhere in United's network. 

@saltyant aviation thread talk.

• Thanks 1

Def spring skiing day at Hunter One run open (Hellgate etc) with 1450 vert off HS6. Skied strsight onto lift first few runs. Soft bumps formed quick.. Lines were up to 10 min when we called it quits after 7 runs when bare spots and crowds on trail were becoming an issue. Mashed potatoes by then. Very nice 1st day out with girls.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Barb said:

Yeah a necessary evil. Eldora parking reservations are already all booked for mornings thru February. Thinking about deferring my Ikon Pass and just using my Epic. Could be cool to check out some new places. 

Wouldn’t you ski a lot less without elders?  I heard Loveland was packed id ski there at least a handful of times a season if I lived there.  Runs are short but neat terrain.