Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

Gonna try my best to ski as much as possible. There is also still construction in the canyon which makes Eldora a pain in the ass as well. Just trying to go with the flow this weird season. Have 2 more friends that are getting into the backcountry so hopefully we will have a nice crew this season. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Barb said:

Gonna try my best to ski as much as possible. There is also still construction in the canyon which makes Eldora a pain in the ass as well. Just trying to go with the flow this weird season. Have 2 more friends that are getting into the backcountry so hopefully we will have a nice crew this season. 

You have such a long season in Colorado that you can ski 1-2 days a week and still rack up the days.   Shit when I’m out there even if it’s a spring skiing day I feel guilty if I’m not in the front of the line waiting for the rope drop for fucking frozen cord..lol. I remember Johnny style in aspen doesn’t even like to hit the hill on now pow days till the sun rises over the Mesa..anyway despite the bullshit of this season you’re a flight or two closer to any skiing we have and also rich so you’re blessed!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

On 9/18/2020 at 10:21 PM, theprogram4 said:

IMO salty would like pow mow, snow basin, Brighton, and solitude more than snowbird due to terrain and crowds.

I decided I'm probably going to Salt Lake City the first week of March. I like that the hotels in SLC are pretty cheap and not that far from the mountains. I'll rent an SUV which is a little pricey but since the hotels aren't too expensive it wont be a big deal.

I'll research the places discussed on here and probably stick to 1 mountain, maybe 2. Currently looking at Solitude. TFTI

• Like 6

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

I decided I'm probably going to Salt Lake City the first week of March. I like that the hotels in SLC are pretty cheap and not that far from the mountains. I'll rent an SUV which is a little pricey but since the hotels aren't too expensive it wont be a big deal.

I'll research the places discussed on here and probably stick to 1 mountain, maybe 2. Currently looking at Solitude. TFTI

Do it! ... I leave for SLC on Thursday night and returning the following Friday..  Will be spending my time at Brighton.  I will look to head back out the beginning at April for a second week to get my money worth for the weekday season pass.  Luckily this trip(hotel/car) is paid for by points from work travel :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Do it! ... I leave for SLC on Thursday night and returning the following Friday..  Will be spending my time at Brighton.  I will look to head back out the beginning at April for a second week to get my money worth for the weekday season pass.  Luckily this trip(hotel/car) is paid for by points from work travel :)

Wow almost a free trip.  I have probably 150,000 united miles to start using.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I don't get how people have so much mileage. I have a rewards card that I just broke 1000$ cash back. I put 3k a month on it for 2 years.

Do you earn one cent per dollar spent?  Two cents.  I earn two miles per dollar spent on restaurants and hotels and one mile on other purchases. Since I spend at least $2,000 a month on hotels and restaurants that’s 4,000 points or 48,000 miles per year.  A shame the dispensory is cash only or I’d earn several thousand additional points a year plus I received a 50k bonus for spending over $3k the first 3 months.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

15 minutes ago, Barb said:

I am glad you got to ski but that just looks really depressing. 

Like a few years ago when blue opened for two days in early December and didn’t reopen until early January.  I’d rather ski those sort of conditions than blues normal cookie opening.  WTGAI Atomic Jeff. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you earn one cent per dollar spent?  Two cents.  I earn two miles per dollar spent on restaurants and hotels and one mile on other purchases. Since I spend at least $2,000 a month on hotels and restaurants that’s 4,000 points or 48,000 miles per year.  A shame the dispensory is cash only or I’d earn several thousand additional points a year plus I received a 50k bonus for spending over $3k the first 3 months.  

Idk its like 1.5% cash back on everything. Feel like should have more cash or rewards. I should look into it harder. Need some travel shit.

Just now, Barb said:

I agree and glad they got out. Just depressing of how dry this season is starting out. 

It’s still November.  Looks like some darn fine conditions for you at keystone.  And you said dry. Jackson hole is off to a grate start but no snow in the forecast for the next two weeks. Conditions there get eastern like in a hurry. 

2 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Skied Hunter today with @GSSucks. Since I’m #Epic this year, figured I might as well use the pass on the East Coast as well.  5:25am departure and smooth sailing and arrived at Hunter 2h40m later.  Got my Epic Pass pretty quickly and we were on the snow a few minutes after they opened.  

This is my second longest opening day run (the first being T2B Mount Snow with @GrilledSteezeSandwich) ... 1600ish vert (?) in variable conditions is enough of a leg burner on the first day.  Pretty thin cover meant grooming was tough as they had almost nothing to work with.  It was firm up top and spring like down at the bottom.  Weather ranged from bluebird, to overcast, to snowing, to pissing rain.  We skied for 2 hours and when a 30 minute rain storm rolled in we retreated to the lot for some beers.

Pretty good dive time to Hunter....

19 hours ago, Shadows said:

I don't get how people have so much mileage. I have a rewards card that I just broke 1000$ cash back. I put 3k a month on it for 2 years.

This year I did not do all too well on airline miles as I drove more than flying this year and I also tend to fly direct.   Though, I killed it on hotel points.  IMO it is all about being reaching high reward status, not credit card usage.  Several companies like Marriot and United allow you to transfer points back and forth if you reach a certain status level.....   And it helps to have a job that requires a lot of travel!!

In my case, we use Marriot is our corporate hotel partner for work travel.  I stayed in hotels for 61 days this year.. plus we get an additional 15 days for being corporate partners and my main credit card is a Marriot card so I get another 15 days.  Once you reach the second highest reward tier you receive a 75% bonus on all points earned for each stay.  I earned upward of 200,000 points this year and an 8 stay at a residence inn in SLC is 140,000.