Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

31 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

This year I did not do all too well on airline miles as I drove more than flying this year and I also tend to fly direct.   Though, I killed it on hotel points.  IMO it is all about being reaching high reward status, not credit card usage.  Several companies like Marriot and United allow you to transfer points back and forth if you reach a certain status level.....   And it helps to have a job that requires a lot of travel!!

In my case, we use Marriot is our corporate hotel partner for work travel.  I stayed in hotels for 61 days this year.. plus we get an additional 15 days for being corporate partners and my main credit card is a Marriot card so I get another 15 days.  Once you reach the second highest reward tier you receive a 75% bonus on all points earned for each stay.  I earned upward of 200,000 points this year and an 8 stay at a residence inn in SLC is 140,000.

Wow that’s a lot of nights in hotels....I stay almost 400 nights a year in hotels.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Better now than during the skison. Forecast still looks decent early next week for he Pokeys

Yeah, but that was supposed to happen this week.  Hope it does, but not canceling plans on my busy social calendar for skiing on the 12th.  (i mean, if they care to open)

• Haha 1

Just now, JFskiDan said:

Yeah, but that was supposed to happen this week.  Hope it does, but not canceling plans on my busy social calendar for skiing on the 12th.  (i mean, if they care to open)

If Barb didn't open for Lawrence, NJ rock icon Ski2livzzz I can't imagine she would open for you. (no offense)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I never said they’d open the 12th but at least some snowmaking chances until the forecast trends warmer. 

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I never said they’d open the 12th but at least some snowmaking chances until the forecast trends warmer. 

I know you didnt.  Basically, i was saying next week is a long ways away, and the forecast is just that.  a Forecast.  

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

If Barb didn't open for Lawrence, NJ rock icon Ski2livzzz I can't imagine she would open for you. (no offense)

None taken.  I cant bring in the audience that he can.  You might be able to with your outstanding karaoke skillz.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I know you didnt.  Basically, i was saying next week is a long ways away, and the forecast is just that.  a Forecast.  

None taken.  I cant bring in the audience that he can.  You might be able to with your outstanding karaoke skillz.   

'tis the season, falalalala!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Do you mean the Ikon Pass? I'm thinking I'll ski 5 days in Utah and 3 days somewhere in the Northeast. So with the Ikon Base pass it'll only be $106 per day. 

He didn’t say the ikon pass he said the Alta/bird pass. And in PARidge opinion the bird is the word..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He didn’t say the ikon pass he said the Alta/bird pass. And in PARidge opinion the bird is the word..

TFTI. Couldnt justify that since it's over two thousand bucks, and I'll be there 4 or 5 days. Ikon Pass looks like it would work better since I can ski at rad places like New Hampshire

Edited by saltyant

There used to be a one day Alta/Bird pass, which, i never really understood, unless you were staying at Alta, and wanted to go to Snowbird, or vise versa.  Unlike the mountains local to us, it would hard to say by noon you have seen all there is at Alta/Bird, and want to go to the other one.