Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

19 minutes ago, saltyant said:

TFTI. Couldnt justify that since it's over two thousand bucks, and I'll be there 4 or 5 days. Ikon Pass looks like it would work better since I can ski at rad places like New Hampshire

I don’t think he meant season pass.  Ikon probably be the best for me but I’m not doing any multi mountain pass. Not having an ikon pass last year actually saved me money because of the pandemic as I would have only used it for the 7 days at JH which I believe was $830 and ikon pass for 7 days each was $999 or more. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think he meant season pass.  Ikon probably be the best for me but I’m not doing any multi mountain pass. Not having an ikon pass last year actually saved me money because of the pandemic as I would have only used it for the 7 days at JH which I believe was $830 and ikon pass for 7 days each was $999 or more. 

I'll perform rigorous analysis and calculation. It's a risk being locked into the pass but if the savings is worth it I might get it.

Sounds like they'll give you a free pass for next season if you dont use it this season. Also credits given for covid closures.

Edited by saltyant

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

There used to be a one day Alta/Bird pass, which, i never really understood, unless you were staying at Alta, and wanted to go to Snowbird, or vise versa.  Unlike the mountains local to us, it would hard to say by noon you have seen all there is at Alta/Bird, and want to go to the other one.  

Correct. He doesn't like skiing multiple mountains on a trip which is why I suggested the alta bird deal.

Saltman see below. They offer an Alta upgrade to your ticket. Although something to consider... I know you were thinking long and hard about the Chickadee pass. That's doesn't include the Alta upgrade.

Screenshot_20201130-124647.png

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Saltman see below. They offer an Alta upgrade to your ticket. Although something to consider... I know you were thinking long and hard about the Chickadee pass. That's doesn't include the Alta upgrade.

$175 for one day of skiing??

tenor.gif.85fc9640fe3b82be4c1a832630874e61.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

When it's good, it's totally worth it though.  

One day in Jackson Hole at about 11:30 am @AtomicSkierand I agreed that we had gotten our money's worth, and that $125 or whatever the price was is actually a good deal - if conditions are good and the terrain is nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Benm said:

If you are referring to paying $130 to ski Snowbird, and adding the $50 Alta upgrade for the same day, yeah i dont get that either. 

But in some cases, the right day out west can be life altering for the better, which makes the price of a lift ticket pretty insignificant.  Most people here dont pay window price either.  Multi day lift tix, ski shop tix, etc.......but who knows how thats gonna work this year.  Most tix for Utah can be had at a local ski shop for a decent savings, with direct access.    

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Benm said:

Barely anybody pays the walk up prices. You can get deals through lodging and other things.  Outside of blue mountain skiing is a pretty Richie Rich sport. Imagine what entire families spend on a vacation out west.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Compared to $70/4hr at blue, or hell even $70 at bear creek that’s that bad at all. 

Plus the second and third tier resorts out west aren’t that expensive and can rock hardcore.  Loveland is I think $70 or so for a full day ticket and I don’t think abasin has crossed the century mark yet.  Inflation is real. 

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Although, when I think of the cost of taking my family of four on a ski trip I do get the Redd Foxx heart attack.  

I get that when I pay the health insurance bill at work for myself and two families and got that the one night I bought the world green tea shots at the bar wahahahah 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I get that when I pay the health insurance bill at work for myself and two families and got that the one night I bought the world green tea shots at the bar wahahahah 

I also got the Redd Foxx heart attack when I picked up tab for you, Jeff and I at Rendezvous Bistro!

I paid that one day at Winter Park in 2018. [mention=12908]Ski2Live Live2Ski[/mention] was very disappoint. I think it was windy and they closed the lifts, so I only skied for 3 hours. Spent the rest of the day drinking hot cocoa in the lodge.
Saltman unless you get a deal don't buy at the mountain. Go to one of the ski shops. There's a place in cottonwood heights...just before the BCC entrance.
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Saltman unless you get a deal don't buy at the mountain. Go to one of the ski shops. There's a place in cottonwood heights...just before the BCC entrance.

I think Cottonwood Heights is where I'm going to stay. At Winter Park I was getting big bargains on Liftopia, but one day out of 4 the deal wasn't available.

Edited by saltyant

14 hours ago, saltyant said:

I think Cottonwood Heights is where I'm going to stay. At Winter Park I was getting big bargains on Liftopia, but one day out of 4 the deal wasn't available.

I can give you a phone number to call to pick up passes from the 7-11 at the bottom of BCC. Call said guy the night before, send him the money via Venmo and pick up the pass from the electrical box behind the 7-11 in the morning. You wont find a better deal. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

I can give you a phone number to call to pick up passes from the 7-11 at the bottom of BCC. Call said guy the night before, send him the money via Venmo and pick up the pass from the electrical box behind the 7-11 in the morning. You wont find a better deal. 

Thanks, but I already found a good bargain on Craigslist where I wire $5,000 to a Nigerian Prince and then he wires back $4,900 and overnight ships me 4 lift tickets. It's such a grate steal!

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, but I already found a good bargain on Craigslist where I wire $5,000 to a Nigerian Prince and then he wires back $4,900 and overnight ships me 4 lift tickets. It's such a grate steal!

Salty do you have Venmo?  I don’t but I’m not a millennial