Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

Okemo was a shit-show today. I arrived a little late and had to park insanely far away. Texted my friends who said the main chair and one other quad were down, no new trails were open, and they were doing more standing than skiing. I turned around and headed home, figuring to get a few skinning laps on Mt. Ascutney. Turns out backcountry skiing is a bear right now because the snow is like chest-deep and even though it's fluffy, it's hard to make any progress even on the steeper pitches. 

A four-foot powder dump that makes skiing nearly impossible is pretty on-brand for 2020, I'd say! 

Headed out to earn some turns tomorrow now that today's skiers have chopped it up. 

• Like 5

Okemo was a shit-show today. I arrived a little late and had to park insanely far away. Texted my friends who said the main chair and one other quad were down, no new trails were open, and they were doing more standing than skiing. I turned around and headed home, figuring to get a few skinning laps on Mt. Ascutney. Turns out backcountry skiing is a bear right now because the snow is like chest-deep and even though it's fluffy, it's hard to make any progress even on the steeper pitches. 
A four-foot powder dump that makes skiing nearly impossible is pretty on-brand for 2020, I'd say! 
Headed out to earn some turns tomorrow now that today's skiers have chopped it up. 

Look at it this way. After the snow settles a bit, you’ve now got 3’ of base to work with for the next storm. Everything is covered, so a 6-8” day is gonna ski awesome and not be miserable on the up. Get after it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, tarponhead said:

Alta loads lifts with military precision that would make a drill sergeant weep with joy. I don’t see solo rides happening there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat looks like full chairs going up.

Edited by indiggio

What are card reloads? Please explain what this means they are doing?

They load the first pass on the card. go right to lift essentially. Each additional pass is 50% off but you need to purchase /load it to your card online before you go. 6th pass is free but I think you need to load that to your card too.

10 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

They load the first pass on the card. go right to lift essentially. Each additional pass is 50% off but you need to purchase /load it to your card online before you go. 6th pass is free but I think you need to load that to your card too.

Wow that is low. They should offer some sort of compensation. Glad at least they are not blocking season pass holders.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Thanks.

They did advertise it as valid on weekends and holidays with a 25% discount so I could see how people would be pissed.

I’m not familiar with the ORDA cards, are they bell only? 

if not, I can’t really see whoever sells them being responsible for compensation if a mountain makes a decision to block certain days 

if not, I can’t really see whoever sells them being responsible for compensation if a mountain makes a decision to block certain days 

Belle Gore and Whiteface. Personally I only planned on using it midweek because 25% off doesn't entice me as much as midweek skiing and 50% does. And it's not just belle...its all. Here's what wf says..

Frequent Skier Cards are SOLD OUT!!!

All Frequent Skier Card tickets must be purchased online in advance. We are presently selling tickets for Monday-Friday outside of blackout periods.
For now, Frequent Skier Card ticket sales for weekends and blackout periods are paused, but we will be adding inventory exclusively for you in the coming days. Please note that tickets for 12/24/20-1/3/21 are sold out, so tickets we add will be for dates following Christmas Week. We will continually evaluate the availability of dates as we go through the season, so please check back
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

ORDA is the NYS govt entity that operates all three - they both sell the cards and made the decision not to honor as advertised. Decision could be reasonable given Covid, but some compensation should be given.