Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

4 hours ago, GSSucks said:

This affects about 4 people on this site, and it does not seem like any of said people are really bothered by it. Just more BS posted by GSS to rack up posts. 

Rack it, bitch 

I’m trying to get to 100,000 ASAP..and this sort of thing could affect other resorts.  

12 hours ago, skiincy said:

Heard that some people are skiing aspen and other resorts. Saw this link for some buy 1 get 1 free offers, if you need it.

https://www.hellyhansen.com/skifree/resorts/?fbclid=IwAR1GxtSpmm9A80Lz9jhyYmz5_qtiugqyKEuipiPO1Blt7SSJd3OzD34PM-w#na

Just read the T&C, looks like you're supposed to present the original garment hang tag and receipt to redeem it at the window? Curious how strict they're being with that. Only place on the east that's doing it is jay, so not suuuuper helpful for me personally at the moment, but cool if somebody here can take advantage!

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Im not convinced thats the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  i read alot about it last night, and maybe there is more going on there than Vail would like to publicly announce.  I know they didnt open today, either.  

17 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Im not convinced thats the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  i read alot about it last night, and maybe there is more going on there than Vail would like to publicly announce.  I know they didnt open today, either.  

1. it's the new york post. the first "related article" i see in their sidebar is about kanye getting a divorce. sure, he did post up in jackson hole to record an album and i think i've seen pictures of him on skis, but i wouldn't call that related

2. that article doesn't say anything more than hunter's own PR, aside from adding Greene County positive case numbers (sort of). 

definitely more going on behind the scenes that hasn't been confirmed yet, but hey it's a weird ski season and most of us are still getting our laps in. can't ask for too much more than that right now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

On Alpinezone somebody said it could be a ski patroller strike. 

Looking like a glitch in Whiteface tickets right now. But if you're interested in skiing WF you may want to hop on it. They're only selling midweek tickets but currently most dates on the calendar are 60 bucks if you select single day lift ticket. When you check out that price sticks too... If you select multi day however it shows $108 per day. Frequent skier card tix are 58 bucks (although if the 60 ticket price is right it should be 30 bucks). Gonna call and see whats up before i grab tix. Looking at March 1st and 2nd..probably Feb 28th too if they open Sundays.

Prices are going up. That first week in March is at 68 bucks now (still ridiculous).@GrilledSteezeSandwich (or anyone else) ...if you plan on skiing WF or NY I'd grab tix now.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to Keystone today; very cold 3 degrees when we got there so no pics. Conditions were not great, we really need some fresh snow. Avalanches reported today on Jones Pass and Loveland Pass. Nobody injured but SAR dispatched for both.

Snowpack is low but very unstable. A douchebag plowed my friend down while she was skiing. Came up behind her and just knocked her over, he got up and took off without a word. It’s a weird crowd at Keystone, lots of sports jerseys for jackets, lots of unmasked people in the lift lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Barb said:

Went to Keystone today; very cold 3 degrees when we got there so no pics. Conditions were not great, we really need some fresh snow. Avalanches reported today on Jones Pass and Loveland Pass. Nobody injured but SAR dispatched for both.

Snowpack is low but very unstable. A douchebag plowed my friend down while she was skiing. Came up behind her and just knocked her over, he got up and took off without a word. It’s a weird crowd at Keystone, lots of sports jerseys for jackets, lots of unmasked people in the lift lines.

Did you tell anybody to pull their mask up? That’s the daily MO at Blue. I wanted to go to Colorado in two weeks or so but putting it off till there’s more snow..most of the expert terrain isn’t open at Loveland and abasin. Abasin sells a three day midweek pass for only $210 or so with no blackouts. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I didn’t scold anyone because the non mask wearers weren’t even trying. Like not even a mask on their chin. The liftees were talking/scanning them and didn’t even say anything.

And yeah, I would wait a bit the snow is so low

• Confused 1

Have you all heard of cloud seeding? I never heard of it until last night. I read an article and started digging into it. 

If any other snow nerds want to dig into this, this is what I've been reading:

https://coloradosun.com/2020/11/27/vail-finances-colorado-cloud-seeding/

https://water.utah.gov/cloudseeding/