Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

5 hours ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, it's no joke.  Been at the Peruvian when interlodge invoked.
They literally chain the doors closed so there's NO escape.

@saltyant You said you're headed to Park City/Canyons, you won't have any problems.
Brighton and Solitude aren't on Little Cottonwood Canyon road, so they should be fine too.

I don't think you where looking to hit Alta/Snowbird this trip anyway, correct?

You're gonna have epic conditions and a hellova trip!

Correct, wasn't planning on Alta/Snowbird.

I'm going to Park City first, then Brighton/Solitude. But if there's avalanche danger at Brighton/Solitude (as Brighton is recommending carrying a beacon in bounds), not sure I'm going to either. No big deal, I'll find a resort with less avalanche risk. Even a few extra days at Park City would be fine as I find the huge mountains really fascinating. 

And this Interlodge thing sounds sucky... good thing I'm not staying near any resorts.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, saltyant said:

Correct, wasn't planning on Alta/Snowbird.

I'm going to Park City first, then Brighton/Solitude. But if there's avalanche danger at Brighton/Solitude (as Brighton is recommending carrying a beacon in bounds), not sure I'm going to either. No big deal, I'll find a resort with less avalanche risk. Even a few extra days at Park City would be fine as I find the huge mountains really fascinating. 

And this Interlodge thing sounds sucky... good thing I'm not staying near any resorts.

Could also take in Deer Valley too, if you're fearful of B/S.

Interlodge definitely doesn't suck if you're there.
You're just staring out at the snow waiting to go out and play in it, knowing that all the townspeople can't get there!

No better sound than waking up to avy guns/bombs going off!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, indiggio said:

Could also take in Deer Valley too, if you're fearful of B/S.

Interlodge definitely doesn't suck if you're there.
You're just staring out at the snow waiting to go out and play in it, knowing that all the townspeople can't get there!

No better sound than waking up to avy guns/bombs going off!

Have you been at Alta during Interlodge?

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

MALVERN is doing quite well. 4-5 inches easy. 
1E0F269C-21BB-48E9-86FF-1EAA05C5A88E.thumb.jpeg.1c8fe240ec2588c02ed8f788ccfbb0f9.jpeg

I had to do one round of snow removal on my driveway already.  I'm at work now and it's still dumping hard.  Snow on the roads was nice and grippy though.  

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich Nastar Glenn was very concerned that I'm going to Utah by myself. He told me to be careful out there, and also to be careful on the drive home. Sounds like he's basically the father figure of the group... well besides @AtomicSkier wahahahaha

Oh he totally is..he’s the patriarch.  Just bring a whistle with you in case you get stuck upside down in a tree well. 

@saltyantwhich of these guys reminds you of @RidgeRacer I only thought of him cause of the ankle socks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh he totally is..he’s the patriarch.  Just bring a whistle with you in case you get stuck upside down in a tree well. 

I also told him that I'll ski mostly groomers in Utah, and he said that I can do that here 💁‍♂️

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That video is grate. I was the GoPro kid today. I've encountered many non-stop talking people on the lifts. Even in Whiteface one guy talked non-stop for 13 minutes on the Summit Lift. The Lodge Rats remind me of my friend from high school who snowboards 5 runs on a trip and then goes in the lodge for beer the rest of the day.

35 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Trying to redeem buddy passes for this Saturday and since tickets are sold out, it won’t let me redeem them online. What are the chances they do it if I call?

Call and tell them you've been a seasonpassholder for N years. I feel like they bend easily. 

• Like 3