Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

This is a ridiculous trip report so I’m going to bury it in the skison thread. 

Went for an urban ski adventure in bala cynwyd last night with Mike and Wally.

I was trying to ski near my old place in Belmont Village because of the slope. It’s about 200 vertical feet over 1/2 mile. Thought it would be fun to do some laps with @Schif. But, everything was plowed.

so, we went to the cynwyd trail instead. we’ve ran the cynwyd trail a hand full of times and it always felt like a steeper slope. Like 30ish minutes of shuffling through the snow, we made it to the car 😂 probably like 100 vertical feet over 1.2 miles.

we weren’t the only ones who attempted this, which makes the sub par decision feel a little less ridiculous. There were 2 other tracks from alpine skis.
F37C4DF7-D85F-4B27-BE61-DE35E3CEFA2E.thumb.jpeg.c2ef7d8f5267bc0a230c6dea582c6b32.jpeg

1/2 way through, I texted a friend and requested a heli assist. Send the choppa plz. 

Here’s Schif and Wally towards the end.

6B4C356F-63B6-4ED6-9F46-B762B5DB8F76.thumb.jpeg.f794bbdd5598241b3fbd9f2851a51250.jpeg

Got to the car at CVS on rock hill road. Turns out it’s hard making turns in Philly 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m no longer in park city and telluride, I suppose...
3D4957EC-98F9-4A54-8A49-A3B8AAED8610.thumb.jpeg.c190dd6ec66da01c2eaa93931fcdebc3.jpeg

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mute1080 said:

They wouldn’t honor it. Said it needs to be an available ticket and they are not sold out tomorrow since tickets are available after 3.

Keep calling until you get someone that'll do it. Was never part of the terms when you purchased your pass. 

Persistence. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Keep calling until you get someone that'll do it. Was never part of the terms when you purchased your pass. 
Persistence. 

They send all ticket calls to a voicemail for a call back. I even tried a different department to send me to a human in ticketing. I left a message for a call back at 6 last night and still haven’t received a call. I only was able to get in contact with someone on the online chat. They don’t care, they already have my money and would rather sell a ticket for tomorrow than give a buddy pass out.
  • Sad 2

Just now, mute1080 said:

They send all ticket calls to a voicemail for a call back. I even tried a different department to send me to a human in ticketing. I left a message for a call back at 6 last night and still haven’t received a call. I only was able to get in contact with someone on the online chat. They don’t care, they already have my money and would rather sell a ticket for tomorrow than give a buddy pass out.

i have a script running for you that will check every 3 min for a ticket sat AM or day (i'm guessing you dont want afternoon?). if anything pops up i'll shoot you a msg. sometimes a ticket randomly appears the day prior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Benm said:

i have a script running for you that will check every 3 min for a ticket sat AM or day (i'm guessing you dont want afternoon?). if anything pops up i'll shoot you a msg. sometimes a ticket randomly appears the day prior.

WJW, dont let Blue see this or they might add some stupid CAPTCHA 

Edited by saltyant

theres a good email address here if you really want to plead your case...
https://www.skibluemt.com/media/5978/2020-safety-week-press-release.pdf

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

WJW, dont let Blue see this or they might add some stupid CAPTCHA 

they'd have to redo their whole shit. captcha wouldn't be a problem for it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Saw a buddy from high school who now lives in Michigan share something about his home mountain closing for the season after this week. Makes you thankful for the month or so more PA should get this season 

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Bear creek calling it a year on March 21st for all non season passholders. If you’re a current or future season pass holder, you’ll be able to ski until April 3rd. 

Damn. If Bear thinks they can make it until April 3rd then Blue could easily extend beyond that if weather cooperates. it would be awesome if Blue's closing weekend was SP only. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Damn. If Bear thinks they can make it until April 3rd then Blue could easily extend beyond that if weather cooperates. it would be awesome if Blue's closing weekend was SP only. 

“In lieu of having a logistically difficult season passholders party, we have decided . . “

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

With a return to winter weather next week I have high hopes.  I think blue will be open daily through the 3rd of April and then the following weekend 10-11..

22 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

With a return to winter weather next week I have high hopes.  I think blue will be open daily through the 3rd of April and then the following weekend 10-11..

Season was shortened by 2ish weeks last year, maybe the snow gods sill extend it by 2 this year. I could see blue pushing for the 10-11th or even beyond if they have the base. No doubt in my mind if other mountains close (bc, JFBB) blue will have no problem selling tickets to their SP’s 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Season was shortened by 2ish weeks last year, maybe the snow gods sill extend it by 2 this year. I could see blue pushing for the 10-11th or even beyond if they have the base. No doubt in my mind if other mountains close (bc, JFBB) blue will have no problem selling tickets to their SP’s 

Yup that’s why I’m waiting until 4/12 to go to Colorado although that’s about when I usually go..no way Blue will be season passholder only..they need to make hay while the sun is shining. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I think we'll start hearing dates tossed around after this week. I'm guessing close on 3-28...reopen on the 3rd and 4th? Thoughts on an elk day north at Belleayre the week of 4-5?

Blue is selling tickets for 3/29,3/30 and 3/31 and also blue won’t be open Easter Sunday 4/4. Also it’s very very rare for Blue to announce their closing date more than a week in advance.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich