Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My Montana friend skied Maverick mountain today.  This was the crowd.  He said less than 40 cars including employees.  They’re only open Thursday to Sunday.  A double riblet chair for the entire mountain. 

5918E110-CA1F-4321-A96F-E9336987F852.jpeg

1AABADCF-13E4-4B0D-88A0-588479B92452.jpeg

that parking lot looks like powder mountain the first few years i went there, but with a lot less rust.

46 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

that parking lot looks like powder mountain the first few years i went there, but with a lot less rust.

Well my Montana friend skied discovery and maverick this week and his lift ticket at maverick was $35. It is 3 hours from Bozeman but even adding in an overnight stay at a hotel it’s cheaper than a one day big sky pass. Justo you and Tom would get along.  He worked in ski shops for years. Even hooked me up with a pair of Langes for $70 way back when that I used for like four seasons. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Fun 8-1 session at Mountain Creek this morning with my cousin riding the mashed potatoes. They are definitely hurting for snow with a lot of bare sports. 

How were the crowds and lift lines at MC? What peak were you at?

Hey @eaf
We parked at South Peak and rode there basically all day. Lift lines for the Quad to the top of South were about 7-10 mins mid day. We went to the Gondola for a run and waited probably a little over 10 mins and went to Granite for 3 runs and rode onto the lift there. 

Edited by antman12

Ha, not too bad for a weekend at MC. There are pictures of looooong lines flying around, but I guess one can snap them at any resort this winter.

How did you get back to South from Granite? Does the long and flat green trail still have enough snow? Must be a pain to take it on a snowboard.

53 minutes ago, eaf said:

Ha, not too bad for a weekend at MC. There are pictures of looooong lines flying around, but I guess one can snap them at any resort this winter.

How did you get back to South from Granite? Does the long and flat green trail still have enough snow? Must be a pain to take it on a snowboard.

Yup. Thats “Southern Sojourner” and is actually listed as a blue...even though is mostly flat. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow @Barb

Johnathon buckhouse is done riding at Keystone   He already had an incident with ski patrol there last year and apparently they don’t have as many bonks and booters in the Park   

WJW I can't believe somebody would have a run-in with ski patrol.

8 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Buckhouse is nothing special...Just one of many "influencers" 

I prefer Greg Brady’s content better.  Although he has 70,000 less subscribers. Who are your favorite ski/snowboard influencers?  Jon Olsson and Warner Nickerson have posted some decent ski vlogs but not with the consistency of Buckhouse. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Barb said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwichI stand by my statement that I don’t like Keystone. I would like to get a few more ski days in this season but my friends seem to be transitioning to warm weather activities. 

A Bay Bay...A Bay Bay..looks kind of warm and dry out there the next week and a half but I’m hoping it dumps during my trip.  It usually does...snow>sunshine...I don’t even care if it’s cloudy.  Brings Atomic Jeff down. 

I hear you on skiing alone. This last season at Blue I only skied alone a handful of days and even on those days I still ran into random folks I rode the lift with.  

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow @Barb

Johnathon buckhouse is done riding at Keystone   He already had an incident with ski patrol there last year and apparently they don’t have as many bonks and booters in the Park   

And y'all call me a complainer! 
Guy's boarding practically every day and he's bitching about Keystone?  Asshole!
He should come to Camelback and see what IT's like.  Maybe he'll have some appreciation for what he has!

I feel sorry for the people he's "influencing".

Edited by indiggio

8 hours ago, Barb said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwichI stand by my statement that I don’t like Keystone. I would like to get a few more ski days in this season but my friends seem to be transitioning to warm weather activities. 

I'm curious as to why you don't like it?
I've been there (granted only once) and found it fun.

Edited by indiggio

It just had a weird vibe. Lots of guys in their 20’s with sports jerseys on. My friend got plowed down, guy didn’t even stop to see if she was ok. I have since heard multiple stories of people being knocked down. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Barb said:

It just had a weird vibe. Lots of guys in their 20’s with sports jerseys on. My friend got plowed down, guy didn’t even stop to see if she was ok. I have since heard multiple stories of people being knocked down. 

So you're saying it's like Pennsylvania? 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1