Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

33 minutes ago, Barb said:

It just had a weird vibe. Lots of guys in their 20’s with sports jerseys on. My friend got plowed down, guy didn’t even stop to see if she was ok. I have since heard multiple stories of people being knocked down. 

I can see that, but unfortunately that seems to be happening more and more, everywhere.

Just this past weekend at Blue we had just stopped at the end of Barney's and an obvious beginner boarder (totally out of control) came screaming down Chute at full speed.   Luckily I was looking up at him and yelled early enough that we all moved out of the way or he would have taken someone out, as he nearly clipped the last guy who moved.

There have been a few people who've been run into this season standing on the side of the trails at Blue.  The trails are comparatively narrow and there seems to be far more beginners or people sliding above their ability this season.
Have to always be looking uphill nowadays!

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

I can see that, but unfortunately that seems to be happening more and more, everywhere.

Just this past weekend at Blue we had just stopped at the end of Barney's and an obvious beginner boarder (totally out of control) came screaming down Chute at full speed.   Luckily I was looking up at him and yelled early enough that we all moved out of the way or he would have taken someone out, as he nearly clipped the last guy who moved.

There have been a few people who've been run into this season standing on the side of the trails at Blue.  The trails are comparatively narrow and there seems to be far more beginners or people sliding above their ability this season.
Have to always be looking uphill nowadays!

Yea it's scary skiing bumps and stopping, I think it was the day of the PASR party Lisa almost got taken out twice in a big way, once on the side of Barney's by an out of control  skier that yard saled just below us and a high speed jackass snowboarder on challenge using the bumpers as slalom gates

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 9:03 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I prefer Greg Brady’s content better.  Although he has 70,000 less subscribers. Who are your favorite ski/snowboard influencers?  Jon Olsson and Warner Nickerson have posted some decent ski vlogs but not with the consistency of Buckhouse. 

Consistency and volume...  that is the key for Buckhouse.  Also, his quest the ride every mountain in the usa allow for people to relate because he also films the tiny home town mountains.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Consistency and volume...  that is the key for Buckhouse.  Also, his quest the ride every mountain in the usa allow for people to relate because he also films the tiny home town mountains.

I think Buckhouse is awesome. I’ve been a subscriber since he had a few hundred subs. 

• Like 1