Big Boulder Lifts

12 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

That outdoor set up would be pretty easy to do....I would get a set of legs made out of something so you could bring it inside and bolt it to the legs...best of both worlds.

Not that much $ in steel for this, and wont impact mowing that much.  @toast21602

Compromise in Design & Marriage, the Saga of the Ski Lift in our Yard

This is also one of those things i might get completely carried away with.  Like making a gazebo or what ever to look like a lift station.  bullwheel with some lights hanging from it, fire pit......something like this,

14' x 12' Cedar Pavilion with Aluminum Roof

A frame construction, and make it more like a lift station.  a sign that says Mt. Mik, prepare to load sign, keep ski tips up, this lift services expert terrain only.......see how that can snowball into something huge?

i will agree though, if legs must go on it, figure a way to bolt them on.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Not that much $ in steel for this, and wont impact mowing that much.  @toast21602

This is also one of those things i might get completely carried away with.  Like making a gazebo or what ever to look like a lift station.  bullwheel with some lights hanging from it, fire pit......something like this,

A frame construction, and make it more like a lift station.  a sign that says Mt. Mik, prepare to load sign, keep ski tips up, this lift services expert terrain only.......see how that can snowball into something huge?

The little patio thing is a great idea and something I considered for out back before I found a chair, but is more of an expensive build project. I was thinking about something out by the fire pit too.

Other than the design and clean-up of the chair I'm excited to rebuild the wooden seats. I really enjoy working with wood and this will be a fun project regardless of which direction it goes. 

35 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

That’s the kind of thing I would have every intention of making and then get lazy and slap in some sort of pre-fab inflatable building circus tent thing 

29 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

but is more of an expensive build project. 

Other than the design and clean-up of the chair I'm excited to rebuild the wooden seats. I really enjoy working with wood and this will be a fun project regardless of which direction it goes. 

i am the king of turning something that should be small and easy into complicated and expensive. Especially on someone elses dime.  

Edited by JFskiDan

31 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i am the king of turning something that should be small and easy into complicated and expensive. Especially on someone elses dime.  

I'm pretty good with that at work..

I would suggest having someone media blast it and then get it powder coated...The rest would be a fun project....Only limited by your budget...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never got around to picking up a chair before I left. And I’m having non buyers remorse. Hah

EBAB133B-FA63-4072-9DE8-926EE7F91025.thumb.jpeg.797420745b974e5f20e16ddbe799bd8b.jpeg

if there are any chairs left, would anyone be interested in picking it up and storing it at your house until I’m back East in February?

I could Venmo you dollarz for your time & the drive to get it 👏🏼

On 12/21/2020 at 7:34 AM, RidgeRacer said:

A lot of those old lifts have pasr stickers on them.

Remember circa 2006 when most pocono resorts had PASR stickers...I remember sightings at BC, Blue, CB, BB, JF, Killington, Breckenridge, and I believe Park City

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 3

And 

13 minutes ago, skiincy said:

I never got around to picking up a chair before I left. And I’m having non buyers remorse. Hah

EBAB133B-FA63-4072-9DE8-926EE7F91025.thumb.jpeg.797420745b974e5f20e16ddbe799bd8b.jpeg

if there are any chairs left, would anyone be interested in picking it up and storing it at your house until I’m back East in February?

I could Venmo you dollarz for your time & the drive to get it 👏🏼

Where’s this picture from?

• 2 weeks later...

"To keep kids on the snow" was a witty take on DARE. Nicely don't to whoever coined that (@AtomicSkier )? we've matured like a fine wine over the nearly 2 decades now. instead of stickers I say we bring back the "Men of PASR Calendar" idea. We could see if the local ski shops and true blue would be interested in carrying it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

"To keep kids on the snow" was a witty take on DARE. Nicely don't to whoever coined that (@AtomicSkier )? we've matured like a fine wine over the nearly 2 decades now. instead of stickers I say we bring back the "Men of PASR Calendar" idea. We could see if the local ski shops and true blue would be interested in carrying it.

I’m down for that...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Dibs on December.