Big Boulder Lifts

2 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

The only thing i've heard about a new lift was from that guy who basically got laughed out of the thread. Has there been any talk about it?

Knowing blue and their history of opening new stuff, they will cut the lift line and clear it over the next 10 years then add the lift without announcing it. It will sit for a year then open on a powder day, then have a naming contest in the off season.

Blue is now under new management....

1 minute ago, EdBacon said:

Read the comments of that post. Everyone is pissed at Vail and doesn't care about lift improvements. Especially since some of those will reduce total uphill capacity, but cut down on staffing (replacing a double triple with a quad, for instance). 

Welcome back!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much?

I have a bunch, but I’m refinishing all of them with new paint and slats. They’ll prolly be similarly priced to what blue sold theirs for, not as expensive though. I can’t believe people paid what they did for them. 

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

• 1 month later...

For those that were considering cashing in your bitcoin for the chairs at Blue, JFBB will be auctioning some off soon, according to a recent FB post.  

you might even be able to beat some of the others that bought them over year ago, into making something functional about it.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like construction is well-ish underway at frost. Old east mountain lift and the triples are completely gone, the bullwheel is off the load station on the quad and the haul rope is just tied off to the station. 

wonder how many of the chairs will go to auction, figure there’s got to be 500+ of them total that have come down or will come down soon 

10DB1E6C-20FF-4AAC-9E94-D1E3EBECE180.jpeg

8C885C78-38E0-4E07-81F4-FB6A3B6AB634.jpeg

CFCCE7F0-44F6-4E14-B415-E2EE9F3BA7AD.jpeg

7069E7F4-9A48-4C1D-9C8E-18CFE0AD3843.jpeg

66E6B2C2-8623-4416-9C5F-6A9C830623E9.jpeg

A8A5EBA5-F188-4DA1-879C-231092DEDCA1.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, liplipliplip said:

Looks like construction is well-ish underway at frost. Old east mountain lift and the triples are completely gone, the bullwheel is off the load station on the quad and the haul rope is just tied off to the station. 

wonder how many of the chairs will go to auction, figure there’s got to be 500+ of them total that have come down or will come down soon 

10DB1E6C-20FF-4AAC-9E94-D1E3EBECE180.jpeg

8C885C78-38E0-4E07-81F4-FB6A3B6AB634.jpeg

CFCCE7F0-44F6-4E14-B415-E2EE9F3BA7AD.jpeg

7069E7F4-9A48-4C1D-9C8E-18CFE0AD3843.jpeg

66E6B2C2-8623-4416-9C5F-6A9C830623E9.jpeg

A8A5EBA5-F188-4DA1-879C-231092DEDCA1.jpeg

How many lifts is JF removing?

18 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich This is grate! Let's plan for a PASR day at Big Boulder to explore the new trails

I’ll see if Heather from Big Boulder can hook us up with some sort of group discount even if it’s just a group of two.  I want to do a lot of exploring this season. Salty have you skied Bumblebee bowl?  It’s actually pretty technical.  You have glades, a traverse, mandatory air, mandatory GSS turns, I hope you have a hop turn in your arsenal.  Salty steal some of your moms underwear to throw on the panty tree as a sacrifice to the snow gods. If she catches you, just say you were looking for your baseball cards.  It worked on an episode of Leave It To Beaver and gosh Wally was sore at the Beav for losing his Babe Ruth card but the beaver still had the gum.  

• Confused 1

jfbb chairs go up for auction on the 9th.  all of them starting at $200, and some proceeds go to the lake harmony FD.  thats pretty cool of them.  

https://givergy.us/jackfrostchairsale/?controller=lots&category=All Lots&fbclid=IwAR3YCyLKlO8Q0S-aGRxroCSs2nKoPqm6U7x4CThCyNV3vsrt3vOQJjC0-x4

i doubt these chairs will get to the price of the gold plated BM ones.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

jfbb chairs go up for auction on the 9th.  all of them starting at $200, and some proceeds go to the lake harmony FD.  thats pretty cool of them.  

https://givergy.us/jackfrostchairsale/?controller=lots&category=All Lots&fbclid=IwAR3YCyLKlO8Q0S-aGRxroCSs2nKoPqm6U7x4CThCyNV3vsrt3vOQJjC0-x4

i doubt these chairs will get to the price of the gold plated BM ones.  

Nice to see that instead of pure greed. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Nice to see that instead of pure greed. 

Agree.  i find it very un-Vail like.  In the end for Vail though, selling them for $200 (+ im sure) or $500 isnt going to show up as a huge figure on their spreadsheet in the end.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liplipliplip said:

None of the quad chairs are up for sale, thats a shame. 

I can't imagine how big and heavy a quad chair is.

Just wait though, in 30 years someone from PASR will be trying to figure out how to get a 6 pack chair home on a flatbed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...