New high speed lift at Camelback official discussion thread

saltyant

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Connecting both sides of the mountain wow just wow...hash tag following. 

Cant wait for the video premier because I cant picture where it's gonna go... maybe between the two peaks of Stevenson and Sullivan??? That would be pretty different.

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This!!!  Salty I’m actually going to Dillsburg tomorrow..have you gone bike riding there?

What are you doing there? Buying dill pickles? I've biked close to there, near Boiling Springs and Roundtop but cant recall riding through Dillsburg

38 minutes ago, saltyant said:

What are you doing there? Buying dill pickles? I've biked close to there, near Boiling Springs and Roundtop but cant recall riding through Dillsburg

Meeting my parents and their new dog in a park for lunch.  They’re getting me corny beef and yes pickles from Virginia.  First time I’ve seen them since prepandemic. 

• Thanks 1

This IS big.

Stevenson Express is too busy lately due to all the hotel guests, which left a big chunk of nice trails near Raceway and Rhododendron Glen inaccessible. So all too often we were finding ourselves restricted to the area served by Sullivan Express not even trying to go to the other side because we knew how long we'd need to stay in line. If they put a new express in place of e.g. Glen lift that would be awesome.

MAJOR UPDATE TO ALL CAMELBACK FANS ON PASR

The video has been posted on Camelback's Facebook page!!! The new high speed lift appears to connect the hotel Stevenson side to the Sullivan Lift. This way hotel guests can get to the Sullivan side without having to go up Stevenson and go down all those difficult expert slopes. 

WOOOOHOOOO THIS IS AMAZING NEWS AND MADE MY WEEKEND, MADE MY WHOLE YEAR!!!! WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

MAJOR UPDATE TO ALL CAMELBACK FANS ON PASR
The video has been posted on Camelback's Facebook page!!! The new high speed lift appears to connect the hotel Stevenson side to the Sullivan Lift. This way hotel guests can get to the Sullivan side without having to go up Stevenson and go down all those difficult expert slopes. 
WOOOOHOOOO THIS IS AMAZING NEWS AND MADE MY WEEKEND, MADE MY WHOLE YEAR!!!! WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!

Your bring overly facetious. Chill out.
  • Confused 2

That is about the lamest use for a high speed lift one could imagine. Expect the vertical is about 100 feet if that.

I suppose it will slightly reduce traffic on Stevenson and add traffic to Sullivan. And let them delay opening Stevenson side.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It's pretty long. It's just flat. It has to be the first time I have ever seen a high speed lift used to connect 2 base areas.

I've seen gondolas going over flat areas and exactly for the same reason, i.e. connectivity, so it's not unheard of. But still disappointing. I wish there was another fast way up than sideways.