New high speed lift at Camelback official discussion thread

saltyant

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Then create your own forum then...Oh wait.

The forum company made the change, I think, not PASR staff. If I made a new forum it would probably have the same unnecessary changing of the edit button placement.

Edited by saltyant

It's pretty long. It's just flat. It has to be the first time I have ever seen a high speed lift used to connect 2 base areas.

Sugarbush has the slide brook express quad but that's one of the longest lifts in the world... covering over 11000 feet. The CB lift will cover about 11 feet.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

You guys will be soooooo jelly when I'm riding the new high speed lift all winter long to ski that 100 ft vert.

It’s a transfer lift.  A lot of ski resorts have them like Stowe and sugarbush..id just rather take Sullivan and ski a connector run to Stevenson or vice versa than ride a lift between the two. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s a transfer lift.  A lot of ski resorts have them like Stowe and sugarbush..id just rather take Sullivan and ski a connector run to Stevenson or vice versa than ride a lift between the two. 

Me too, it's probably so hotel house people with very young children can get over to the bunny slopes without having to ski the big scary narrow and more advanced green connector at the top. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It's pretty long. It's just flat. It has to be the first time I have ever seen a high speed lift used to connect 2 base areas.

What about the slidebrook express at sugarbush(connects two mid stations) or the gondola at Stowe between spruce and Mansfield.   There’s a whole nother world beyond Hunter mountain falalalala

59 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sugarbush has the slide brook express quad but that's one of the longest lifts in the world... covering over 11000 feet. The CB lift will cover about 11 feet.

I’m guessing about 2,000 feet long..for comparison the Main Street and Burma chairs at Blue are slightly under 3,000 feet long.  

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Not quite the same scenario, but there's a lift at canyons that essentially connects two areas of the mountain, where you can take the lift in both directions. Also rode one in chamonix that just took you back and forth between two different ski areas; nothing under the lift was actually even in bounds at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I believe paid parking now..

If Camelback charges some absurd parking fee now, I certainly wont be skiing there anymore. It used to be $35 for a night pass. Now it's $45 and parking?! So probably $60 or more to night ski??? If so, bye bye Camelback!

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

If Camelback charges some absurd parking fee now, I certainly wont be skiing there anymore. It used to be $35 for a night pass. Now it's $45 and parking?! So probably $60 or more to night ski??? If so, bye bye Camelback!

Do you have to pay to park in all lots or just preferred lots?

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

Do you have to pay to park in all lots or just preferred lots?

No idea and cant find anything on their website. I was just going by what @eaf wrote. It's been $20 or something for preferred parking since I started skiing. Parking charges irritate me a lot. 

• Like 1

The season pass perks now include "Free Parking", not "Free Preferred Parking". Not a good sign... does this imply everyone else will be forced to pay?? Hopefully this is just some lame marketing gimmick for their season pass sales.

Edited by saltyant

26 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I do everything in my power to avoid paying for parking.  I’ll circle the block for a half hour before opening up my wallet 

I had some business to attend to in downtown Allentown the other day and parked at a meter..didn’t have any quarters and didn’t feel like messing with the parking app so parked at an expired meter for over an hour expecting to get a ticket which is I think $15.  Well no ticket...amazing.  Felt like stealing. 

• Haha 1