New high speed lift at Camelback official discussion thread

saltyant

28 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I do everything in my power to avoid paying for parking.  I’ll circle the block for a half hour before opening up my wallet 

Sounds like the lil Dicky song Save Dat money.  I don’t like paying cover charges. Pretty rare here in Allentown but when I was in philly a few years ago bar hopping the one place had like a $10 cover charge and it was already almost 1am. My friend was like,”what is Bruce Springsteen playing”...didn’t go there. 

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I had some business to attend to in downtown Allentown the other day and parked at a meter..didn’t have any quarters and didn’t feel like messing with the parking app so parked at an expired meter for over an hour expecting to get a ticket which is I think $15.  Well no ticket...amazing.  Felt like stealing. 

Wow a whole hour. That's risky. When I go to the public library, I wont put a nickel in the meter thing because I'm in and out in about 4 minutes. Have never gotten a stupid ticket.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow a whole hour. That's risky. When I go to the public library, I wont put a nickel in the meter thing because I'm in and out in about 4 minutes. Have never gotten a stupid ticket.

In Allentown the meters are $2 for an hour so a quarter only gets you 7.5 minutes.  I had zero quarters and was going looking through my dimes and was like fuck this.  I was amazed no ticket because the Allentown parking authority is ruthless.  One of my Newark to Denver flights I was super late as I overslept a bit and parked in short term right at the terminal.  Was $38 a day and I paid for 8 days. That stung.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I had some business to attend to in downtown Allentown the other day and parked at a meter..didn’t have any quarters and didn’t feel like messing with the parking app so parked at an expired meter for over an hour expecting to get a ticket which is I think $15.  Well no ticket...amazing.  Felt like stealing. 

Oh, good. Now when at MC I'll be crashing middle lift w/o worrying too much that someone here may call it a theft of service.

39 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Allentown still has coin fed meters lol

Coin or app..I think some take credit cards.  I’m only in the parts of Allentown that require meters a few times a year.  There are also several parking decks which honestly I haven’t been in for probably 15 years as there is ample street parking. 

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Coin or app..I think some take credit cards.  I’m only in the parts of Allentown that require meters a few times a year.  There are also several parking decks which honestly I haven’t been in for probably 15 years as there is ample street parking. 

The credit card machines that print out the dashboard receipt arent too bad, at least. I cant stand fumbling with change anymore. For several weeks where I was working, I had to put 32 quarters in the meter every day for parking. It was absurd. I thought I was going to get carpal tunnel.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

could something 'pull' / 'slow' the chair at the loading zone? i can't really explain what i'm thinking, but the motion would be like a swing. making the chair a lot taller (i mean the vertical bar between the chair and the wire) would help. being a fixed grip, i can't think of anything besides that or a magic carpet.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:34 PM, Shadows said:

Like the outside of a merry go round as opposed to the inside.

Pretty sure if your merry go round is spinning at a constant rate, your velocity at the outside would be higher than the inside. Changing where your cable is in relation to the center of the circle, while maintaining the same linear cable speed, would just change how fast the wheel rotates, not how fast the chair on the cable is actually moving. Someone feel free to correct me on that, been a long time since my last physics class.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 7:51 PM, Lift Blog said:

Hate to break it to you guys but it's not a high speed detachable. "High speed" fixed grip quad.

94.3% of the people commenting in this thread couldnt GAF whether its a high speed detachable, a high speed fixed grip, or a water heater.  

We do appreciate the clarification though.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1