Elk 2020/21 Season

rummy

Blue currently has the most open terrain in PA and the most powerful snowmaking system in the state. That’s all I said.  Rummy when was the last time you skied at Blue mountain??

You want something nice about Elk, their slow as molasses lifts give your legs plenty of time to rest between runs.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue currently has the most open terrain in PA and the most powerful snowmaking system in the state. That’s all I said.  Rummy when was the last time you skied at Blue mountain??

You want something nice about Elk, their slow as molasses lifts give your legs plenty of time to rest between runs.  

My buddy pass goes to him for this next visit. 

• Like 1

The last time was about 12 years ago and I liked it. Spring skiing, nice trail system and no crowds. It was a Wednesday. I remember thinking this is pretty good... thing is it would take me almost as long to get to Blue as it would to Elk and I already owned TLCITW so what's the point....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just now, rummy said:

The last time was about 12 years ago and I liked it. Spring skiing, nice trail system and no crowds. It was a Wednesday. I remember thinking this is pretty good... thing is it would take me almost as long to get to Blue as it would to Elk and I already owned TLCITW so what's the point....

Sausage Sunday....

Although, the spread that you and your crew put up for us was phenomenal as well. Sausage Sunday is still something to experience once in your life.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rummy said:

Well what’s the point of me going to Elk as I live in Allentown and Blue is 20 miles away and Elk is 100 miles. I skied Elk twice in 1995...been there done that. Blue has more interesting runs and I can ski double as many of them in an hour.  Elk does receive more natural snow than Blue but doesn’t allow tree skiing.  They also have the lamest website and an even lamer marketing campaign. So anyway I’m happy to never ski elk.  @theprogram4will tell you how elk ranks. 

Sausage Sunday....
Although, the spread that you and your crew put up for us was phenomenal as well. Sausage Sunday is still something to experience once in your life.
Agree. Enjorales' spread is always mouthwatering. If only it wouldn't be a Sunday. ... too many people for this retired, spoiled, old phart. ... Maybe I'll just come and eat and contribute some ribs for the feast....

5 minutes ago, rummy said:

I invited you first...emoji2.png

I’m not going.  Elk doesn’t appeal to me..I’ll just keep skiing Blue and take trips out west.  I do think I wanna hit some NY places this winter. It’s like Vermont without the quarentine rules. 

• Confused 2

Well what’s the point of me going to Elk as I live in Allentown and Blue is 20 miles away and Elk is 100 miles. I skied Elk twice in 1995...been there done that. Blue has more interesting runs and I can ski double as many of them in an hour.  Elk does receive more natural snow than Blue but doesn’t allow tree skiing.  They also have the lamest website and an even lamer marketing campaign. So anyway I’m happy to never ski elk.  [mention=281]theprogram4[/mention]will tell you how elk ranks. 
WJW

• Like 1

Just now, rummy said:

Agree. Enjorales' spread is always mouthwatering. If only it wouldn't be a Sunday. ... too many people for this retired, spoiled, old phart. ... Maybe I'll just come and eat and contribute some ribs for the feast....

Fucking olds don’t even wanna ski on weekends. You realize this season at Blue it’s the weekdays that are busy.  Anyway I’m out of here no more elk thread for me this season.  

• Sad 1

Go this weekend. What’s stopping you?  Rummy didn’t even ski the day Enjorales went up there. 
Wrong. Fake News.... I thought you were done commenting in the Elk thread this year...?
That lasted about 2 minutes..

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Go this weekend. What’s stopping you? 

My main regret was bailing and missing out on the conditions that day, not necessarily elk itself. That's not to say I wouldn't go any other time, but that one stung. 

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I'm taking my family up to Elk in a couple of weeks to change things up.  

Online ticketing is still not available, though, so I hope they get it up and running soon so I can skip the wagon.

My money is on it not being up and running by the time you go.  I have nothing against Elk, well, maybe that whole Vermont thing, but i think being consistent, is what Elk does well.  Therefore, change is not something they adapt well to.  I mean, they had the same website for like 15 years up until just recently, the one that was built on Netscape by a toddler.  

Blue has really surprised me with the way they have handled this season so far.  Whats up with Blue having their shit together all of a sudden?