Elk 2020/21 Season

rummy

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

My money is on it not being up and running by the time you go.  I have nothing against Elk, well, maybe that whole Vermont thing, but i think being consistent, is what Elk does well.  Therefore, change is not something they adapt well to.  I mean, they had the same website for like 15 years up until just recently, the one that was built on Netscape by a toddler.  

Blue has really surprised me with the way they have handled this season so far.  Whats up with Blue having their shit together all of a sudden?

Rummy is gonna get mad if Blue is talked about in the Elk forum.  

On 1/6/2021 at 4:44 PM, rummy said:

Agree. Enjorales' spread is always mouthwatering. If only it wouldn't be a Sunday. ... too many people for this retired, spoiled, old phart. ... Maybe I'll just come and eat and contribute some ribs for the feast....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I feel like Rummy’s availability should have a fair amount of weight in Gaper date selection this year — working possibility and reason, natch.

• Like 1

Nope, but you should come up to ski Elk and its 1,000 foot of vert and magnificent groomers, and then maybe afterwards the 3 of us can roast weenies in Rummy's TLCITW 
Hope to see you... Salty. I'll look for your RTMs..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Nope, but you should come up to ski Elk and its 1,000 foot of vert and magnificent groomers, and then maybe afterwards the 3 of us can roast weenies in Rummy's TLCITW 

I’ll trade you a blue buddy pass for an elk lift ticket.

if they still had the morning ticket I’d go, but I’m too cheap to drop $58 and I’m not waiting til 12:30 to ride on an afternoon ticket.  I thought buckmans sold discounted lift tickets but maybe that was Wicks. 

Edited by theprogram4

26 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’ll trade you a blue buddy pass for an elk lift ticket.

if they still had the morning ticket I’d go, but I’m too cheap to drop $58 and I’m not waiting til 12:30 to ride on an afternoon ticket.  I thought buckmans sold discounted lift tickets but maybe that was Wicks. 

With all things considered this year, $58 for a day pass and no silly reservations or advanced tickets is right up my alley. Especially when Blue and Camelback are charging nearly $100 now or whatever it is, and the absolutely ridiculous scam of Camelback charging for parking. 

• Like 1

Hi Rummy - Is the lodge open as normal to boot up and have a home made lunch?
Lodge is open for booting up and warming up. Masks required everywhere. Inside tables are open for cafeteria food, can't say I saw anybody with picnic lunches..mainly because I hang out at the bar, (which is closed), sitting at the restaurant tables with a drink and some food, again required by CDC rules.
There are outside picnic tables at the halfway house and in front of the ski shop.
10-15 total.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, rummy said:

Lodge is open for booting up and warming up. Masks required everywhere. Inside tables are open for cafeteria food, can't say I saw anybody with picnic lunches..mainly because I hang out at the bar, (which is closed), sitting at the restaurant tables with a drink and some food, again required by CDC rules.
There are outside picnic tables at the halfway house and in front of the ski shop.
10-15 total.

Thanks, I wanna get an Elk Burger. There are no food places anywhere near by so I'm glad we're allowed to eat inside.