12/12/20..day two.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun second day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot at 7:05AM made stupid good time and it was 39 degrees under overcast sky’s.  In the house were Shadows, PARidge Atomic Jeff, Rodney, BenM, Slim, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Schifdawg, TheDude4Bides, JFBBDan, SkiNancy, SkiNancy dog, Enjorales, Pops, Toast, West Chester cowbells and many more. 

Repeat of yesterday’s opening with TruTV reality TV star and mountain manager Jim Daily.first run vista was nice midway semi smooth lower main kind of frozen crud..come around had decent snow but in the fog, vista stayed nice in the fog. Midway became more spring snow push piles not bad but lower main herky jerky dialed back to 70% and got passed by 5-6 people.  I for sure skied Burma more today than any day since Naughty By Nature was on top of the record charts

I skied a little more than yesterday, had some fun masked chairlift conversations with PASRs.  Had a few lot beer...and sour cream and onion chips...was a fun day two.  

5B1CCBA2-0F30-4C58-904F-AEF7C91651D6.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Boner City 1

Fun day 1 for me. First 2 runs were nice then the Pass didn't work so I had to get that fixed. When I came out things were a bit choppy and the fog went from lifting midway down midway to not really lifting at all.  I was skiing for the first time in 9 months so not at all complaining. Was nice to finally meet Skiincy and Skiincy's  dog who at first wasn't fond of me, but I think we settled our differences over a french fry. Great to see everyone and happy to be skiing! Will be back in Monday.

IMG_20201212_084132.jpg

IMG_20201212_084123.jpg

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 7

After leaving today, got to the Palmerton Dunkin' Donits and realized my ski poles were missing. Drove back to the top lot and the poles were laying on the ground in the same spot I had parked at. Fortunately the tool bags that took my spot didn't take the poles too.

Those are the only poles I've ever skied with since buying them at a Goodwill Store for $15 (along with a set of skis).

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

After leaving today, got to the Palmerton Dunkin' Donits and realized my ski poles were missing. Drove back to the top lot and the poles were laying on the ground in the same spot I had parked at. Fortunately the tool bags that took my spot didn't take the poles too.

Those are the only poles I've ever skied with since buying them at a Goodwill Store for $15 (along with a set of skis).

I guess they weren't 'tool bags' if they didn't take your poles. They could have shafted you. 

• Like 2
  • Boner City 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Salty you had like the third best parking space.  If only there was a magic carpet from your parking spot to the snow...that would be rad. 

• Love 1

It was 

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty you had like the third best parking space.  If only there was a magic carpet from your parking spot to the snow...that would be rad. 

Ask Barb to put one in for me. Also that spot should be reserved for me from now on since I'm a PASR legend like @theprogram4

Edited by saltyant

18 hours ago, skiincy said:

It was good to see everyone.

It was not good to wash the mop, Wally. He was filthy dirty from hanging in the parking lot crew. 

I've never been a dog person, but I hope to see Wally a lot this season. He's such a good boy and it was fun watching him attack empty water bottles and Philadelphia Eagles cup sleeves 🐕

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1