Dec 17 2020. NADIP.

Benm

49 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I was telling JLaw it must be the new tires I got 4,000 miles ago, cause the Focus was a mother fucking beast the past 24 hours.  The roads were still mostly covered for my whole drive up, but the blue mountain hill was the only tough spot.  I got lucky that nobody was coming down so I had the whole road to work with...pushed the gas pedal down as far as it could go and somehow made it up 

If you put a set of good snow tires on it you wouldn't have too much to worry about....

4 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

WNEP will be at Montage. I don't think it's in their budget to pay the tolls on the Tpk to drive to Blue.

They might not pay the tolls but sometimes they definitely take a long ride

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/route-309-long-and-winding-pennsylvania-road/523-878142b1-2636-4385-9538-73e46444749b

WNEP did this story a little while ago which I've actually been interested in doing myself. When I moved down to Hatfield and realized that Route 309 was the main thoroughfare, just like it was back in NEPA I started to get curious. 

• Boner City 1

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

They might not pay the tolls but sometimes they definitely take a long ride

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/route-309-long-and-winding-pennsylvania-road/523-878142b1-2636-4385-9538-73e46444749b

WNEP did this story a little while ago which I've actually been interested in doing myself. When I moved down to Hatfield and realized that Route 309 was the main thoroughfare, just like it was back in NEPA I started to get curious. 

I saw this. The person they interviewed at the furthest north point, in some small town, had no idea how far 309 goes.

Then, the person at the furthest south point, from Philadelphia, thought it ended in the suburbs.

It was a good segment. I live less than a mile from @RootDKJ 309.

Edited by saltyant

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I saw this. The person they interviewed at the furthest north point, in some small town, had no idea how far 309 goes.

Then, the person at the furthest south point, from Philadelphia, thought it ended in the suburbs.

It was a good segment. I live less than a mile from @RootDKJ 309.

I’m about a mile and a half from Root 309.  We have something in common. 

• Boner City 1

I'll say, what's going on at Blue today is all PASR fault. All these threads on the new country club experience... Time for a reality check.

And it's a good thing people are bitching on FB right now. Less of them will come this weekend after seeing all those pictures.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'll say, what's going on at Blue today is all PASR fault. All these threads on the new country club experience... Time for a reality check.

And it's a good thing people are bitching on FB right now. Less of them will come this weekend after seeing all those pictures.

Blue isn’t selling any more tickets during the daytime Friday-Sunday so back to the country club.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue isn’t selling any more tickets during the daytime Friday-Sunday so back to the country club.  

Didn't they have a "glitch" literally yesterday where something like 1500 tickets suddenly opened up for tomorrow afternoon? Too little too late.

Also, today was nothing. Today only maniacs have showed up who think they cannot miss this storm of the year despite clear warnings that no new trails would be open and it would be a typical start of the season nightmare.

Tomorrow everybody else will come who have timed the storm better, checked the forecasts, got insight on the new lifts opening, bought tickets, etc. Thing is that there will still be only a few trails open.

Edited by eaf

17 minutes ago, eaf said:

Didn't they have a "glitch" literally yesterday where something like 1500 tickets suddenly opened up for tomorrow afternoon? Too little too late.

Also, today was nothing. Today only maniacs have showed up who think they cannot miss this storm of the year despite clear warnings that no new trails would be open and it would be a typical start of the season nightmare.

Tomorrow everybody else will come who have timed the storm better, checked the forecasts, got insight on the new lifts opening, bought tickets, etc. Thing is that there will still be only a few trails open.

I’ll post a report tomorrow around Noon and let you know how it was.  I’m not expecting any lines on the quad and six pack.  The glitch actually was for today’s ticket sales.  They had one morning ticket left Tuesday evening then on Wednesday morning they had several hundred available.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ll post a report tomorrow around Noon and let you know how it was.  I’m not expecting any lines on the quad and six pack.  The glitch actually was for today’s ticket sales.  They had one morning ticket left Tuesday evening then on Wednesday morning they had several hundred available.  

That's cool. I'll "have to be there" in the afternoon as well, for I have an extra ticket. Bought waaaaay before the storm showed up in the blind. Good thing I didn't pick Wed or Thu, that would be really interesting. Did they say something that the tickets are transferrable in case of inclement weather? Did someone else say that they'd actually charge something like $20 or $40 for a transfer?

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wonder if someone said “We can get Lazy open for Thursday” so they added more tickets, and then didn’t expand terrain.

14 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I wonder if someone said “We can get Lazy open for Thursday” so they added more tickets, and then didn’t expand terrain.

Nah they never planned on opening lazy today...they expanded ticket sales from about 300 per session to about 1500-2000 per session from Thursday to Friday but now they aren’t selling anymore daytime tickets Friday-Sunday. Lazy wouldn’t lead to more ticket sales..more lifts would.  What happened as I said was that there was only one morning ticket left for today as of Tuesday night and only a few dozen afternoon tickets left and miraculously Wednesday morning there were several hundred of each available and they all sold out yesterday 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, eaf said:

One woman on Facebook cracks me up. She says she paid $1,000 for a season pass so she can ski on fresh snow.

I guess she doesnt realize groomers around here are basically the same regardless of if the snow is natural or machine made (with cold temps of course).

Edited by saltyant

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

One woman on Facebook cracks me up. She says she paid $1,000 for a season pass so she can ski on fresh snow.

I guess she doesnt realize groomers around here are basically the same regardless of if the snow is natural or machine made (with cold temps of course).

Not at all. Once in a Blue Moon they do have waist-deep powder. Maybe she wanted to be part of the next PASR POW video. Forget one grand, that would be priceless.

Btw, how was snow on ungroomed trails today? Fluffy? Everything in NJ was covered with an armor of crust in the morning.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Not at all. Once in a Blue Moon they do have waist-deep powder. Maybe she wanted to be part of the next PASR POW video. Forget one grand, that would be priceless.

Btw, how was snow on ungroomed trails today? Fluffy? Everything in NJ was covered with an armor of crust in the morning.

Ungroomed?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, eaf said:

I meant they groomed everything, and I've never noticed much difference between groomed natural snow, and groomed man-made snow made when temperatures are ideal.

Edited by saltyant

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I meant they groomed everything, and I've never noticed much difference between groomed natural snow, and groomed man-made snow made when temperatures are ideal.

Is cookie field at the bottom of Main Street gone then? Ah, we'll see tomorrow.

54 minutes ago, eaf said:

Is cookie field at the bottom of Main Street gone then? Ah, we'll see tomorrow.

Did you look at the webcams at all today??  Pretend she in this song refers to the cookies in lower Main Street.  Don’t worry there will be cookies on lazy mile instead. 

• Like 1