BB opens tomorrow!!!!!

JFskiDan

Ahhh. I forgot about Marks Way. I think that was the cutover from happy land over to East Mt. I could be wrong as It's been a minute. Maybe[mention=1753]JFskiDan[/mention] remembers that one?

Yes, it takes you under the East mountain lift, and you can keep going to the River Shot runout, or turn down under the chair lift if there is a lot of snow. The last picture seems to be the other end of Marks Way cutover from Rivershot runout.

Bummer the whole East Mt remains closed. Best PA skiing on Epic this season so far is likely Roundtop. The other 4 PA hills are really getting the shaft from Vail. 

Which is a bummer as the main reason I went for Epic rather than ORDA pass was the availability of PA options.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Bummer the whole East Mt remains closed. Best PA skiing on Epic this season so far is likely Roundtop. The other 4 PA hills are really getting the shaft from Vail. 
Which is a bummer as the main reason I went for Epic rather than ORDA pass was the availability of PA options.

You know what to do next season.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

You know what to do next season.

Analyze the options for their pricing and offerings in painstaking detail and make a decision. But Vail's PA options will be much less of a factor unless their treatment of PA hills shapes up fast - as through the first 6 weeks of Skison (reserved this coming Sat and Sun at Hunter) it has been worth driving further for better skiing every time. 

May yet try JF or RT on Jan 9 or 10.

• Confused 1

From a pure skiing perspective, if I lived where you do I wouldn't touch PA unless I had to (this is coming from someone that gets annoyed whenever you hate on PA). The extra hour or whatever it is is well worth it. From a non skiing perspective I like the PASR Blue Crew way too much (xoxoxoxo) to not ski there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

From a pure skiing perspective, if I lived where you do I wouldn't touch PA unless I had to (this is coming from someone that gets annoyed whenever you hate on PA). The extra hour or whatever it is is well worth it. From a non skiing perspective I like the PASR Blue Crew way too much (xoxoxoxo) to not ski there.

Pretty much where I have landed. But when limited to a day trip the 5:30 RT to Hunter makes for a much longer day than the 3:20 RT to Blue or CB. JF is a closer call with a 4hr RT to a place with 1/3 the vertical of Hunter and slow lifts - likely not worth it unless they have East Mt and/or glades in play. 

43 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Analyze the options for their pricing and offerings in painstaking detail and make a decision. But Vail's PA options will be much less of a factor unless their treatment of PA hills shapes up fast - as through the first 6 weeks of Skison (reserved this coming Sat and Sun at Hunter) it has been worth driving further for better skiing every time. 

May yet try JF or RT on Jan 9 or 10.

Ski2Live you really aren’t going out west this season?  If you ski JF or RT just input the days as Hunter mountain since NJ people are allowed here in PA without a negative Covid test..

Undecided if I am going out West this season. Have not made a plan to do so yet. If I do it will be going to Vail without the girls and staying at the Evergreen. It would be a virtually free trip as I have airline credit and hotel credit from cancelled trip in April 2020. Only costs would be renting skis and transit to and from airports and spending a bit more to eat than if I stayed home. But haven't yet made the decision.

I am at the point that I plan to ask GF this week how she would feel about my making such a trip - as any Covid risk I expose myself to also indirectly exposes her.

9 minutes ago, Barb said:

Why would you rent skis and not just bring your own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is possible I would bring mine, but my skis are not optimal for the conditions I would hope to ski in and excess baggage costs might well equal rental costs - depending on length of trip. Either way I would pay something to have skis there.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a really fun day up at BB yesterday. The sun came out and it started snowing about 2 runs in. Got 14 runs in. They had the Merry Widow lift running, a new park set up on Freedom and had a couple rails set up in the plaza and Good snow as always. 

Best day up at BB so far this season. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Had a fantastic sunny morning up at JFBB with my cousin. 

One Park was pretty fun for a few runs then over to Floyd’s and Rivershot which were fantastic!

Then we jumped over to BB which is finally up and running. Freedom has a fun little setup and Love Park is built with a couple big jumps/rails. Oh and they have a half pipe...lol. Lift lines ranged anywhere from 1-5 minutes so no issues there. 

“you know Boulders getting back to normal when the parking lot smells like pot again”. 

• Like 5