BB opens tomorrow!!!!!

JFskiDan

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought you’d at least tell us what runs were open and what the scene was like.  

There were two runs open: Jane's Lane (a blue square) and the terrain park. They were pretty epic. At least they have 2 top to bottom runs open to spread people out a bit, though I did have to dodge a few Jerrys after 10 am. I got a close parking spot so I didnt have to walk far.

1 hour ago, EdBacon said:

Just take a picture of it and keep it on your phone.

I have that but didn’t think of it in the moment. I also don’t know if that’s an option. 

Them, standing at a desk blocking the entrance to the lodge: “do you have your vaccine card?

Me, looking dumbfounded. “Like physically on me? No.

Them “okay you can’t come in”

Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Aside from that a fun solo morning at JF. Quick 12 runs thru One Park although they only had a few features. Fortunately nobody was really hitting  the rails I was doing so the lips held nicely till I left. 

beautiful weather, no lift lines for the first 90 minutes and decent snow.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, antman12 said:

You need your vaccine card to essentially use the lodge. I don’t feel like carrying that around and risk losing it.  

What a fucking joke. 

Can you upload it to an app or just have a picture of it on your phone.  There’s a whole Vail sucks thread on alpinezone. I’m actually invited to an Xmas party where if you aren’t vaxxed you have to show a negative Covid test from that day and tests at party.  Sheesh they better have cocktail weiners 

as per there web page...

DINING VACCINATIONS

Guests ages 12 and over will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations to dine at our
indoor, on-mountain quick-service (cafeteria-style) restaurants. This requirement includes those guests
12 and over in our ski and ride school programs that include lunch. More information on the verification process
and the list of quick-service restaurants requiring proof of vaccination can be found on the Resort Dining Page
during the season. Consistent with many other large-scale indoor activities and venues, we believe the vaccine
requirement is important for the protection of our guests and our employees, given the number of people using these facilities
and the fact that guests will not be wearing face coverings while eating and drinking. This is currently the only part of
our experience that will require proof of vaccination, unless required by local public health

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Boulder opens today...Maybe ill head there on Sunday instead of JF. Play it by ear depending on what Boulder has open and their park setup.

Lovie park, Tannenbaum (which loosely translated means "Christmas Tree") and little Boulder.   Ski school if you need a lesson.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Preston and Steve on Wmmr just announced no cardboard classic this year, apparently Vail resorts “had no interest in having the event” 

Here's my Shocked face - Willy Wonka | Meme Generator

33 minutes ago, Benm said:

shocker

Yeah, right?  I mean, a friend of mine is a die hard Cardboard Classic guy.....i told him in November there was no way, and WMMR should start looking somewhere else to have it.  A common friend of ours who works at JF, (and drinks the Vail kool-aid everyday) said WMMR might have a contract for the event and Vail may have to honor it.  To which i said

Yeah Right GIFs | Tenor

Sounds Good gif | Sounds Good, Doesn't Work | Know Your Meme

18 minutes ago, Schif said:

I dont think Vail has any interest in Tubing, this is the first issue.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schif said:

It started out “the new management company didn’t have interest” then quickly turned to “maybe they don’t have the staff”. You could tell they were annoyed with the situation which leads me to believe they were trying to get the ball rolling and Vail was just being Vail. 

anyway, they mentioned montage as a possible new spot for it next year. I’m not too familiar with montage but seems like it may be a better option than JFBB as far as entertainment purposes go. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

It started out “the new management company didn’t have interest” then quickly turned to “maybe they don’t have the staff”. You could tell they were annoyed with the situation which leads me to believe they were trying to get the ball rolling and Vail was just being Vail. 

anyway, they mentioned montage as a possible new spot for it next year. I’m not too familiar with montage but seems like it may be a better option than JFBB as far as entertainment purposes go. 

I thought this as well, with all of the festivals that they allow people to come to and trash the mountain, the cardboard classic would fit right in there.  the only thing is, its geographically further for the main audience.  Geographically, Spring would be the best fit.  

Preston and Steve on Wmmr just announced no cardboard classic this year, apparently Vail resorts “had no interest in having the event” 

Do they have any interest in opening Thunderbolt or Exhibition, let alone east mountain?

Talked to a guy on the blue Mountain lift yesterday that was at Jack Frost over the weekend because Blue was sold out. He got three runs in three hours.
  • Sad 1