JF 12-19-20, or the day that convinced me never to buy an Epic Pass

EdBacon

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

WMMR/Preston and Steve just announced they’re not holding the cardboard classic this year at all. Assuming it’s due to trying to quell large gatherings but also wondering if Vail could’ve put the axe in that as well. 

BFF.  (big fat finger)  see below.  

Edited by JFskiDan

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

WMMR/Preston and Steve just announced they’re not holding the cardboard classic this year at all. Assuming it’s due to trying to quell large gatherings but also wondering if Vail could’ve put the axe in that as well. 

My guess is Vail says no way to that, and its over and done with.  Wont truly know this year though.  Having that event is no benefit to Vail what so ever.  That wont increase pass sales on bit.  

I was surprised to see it happen last year, but i bumped into someone i know that was working at JF in customer service, and she said that the first year of Vail ownership they were considered a "partner resort," and they were basically running the place as they had been.  I think from how things are being run this year, that was a true statement.  

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

My guess is Vail says no way to that, and its over and done with.  Wont truly know this year though.  Having that event is no benefit to Vail what so ever.  That wont increase pass sales on bit.  

I was surprised to see it happen last year, but i bumped into someone i know that was working at JF in customer service, and she said that the first year of Vail ownership they were considered a "partner resort," and they were basically running the place as they had been.  I think from how things are being run this year, that was a true statement.  

Yeah the cancellation of this year is obvious, and expected. But they way the announced it this morning was “we’re not sure what’s going to happen with it going forward” which gave me the impression Vail may have told them to kick rocks in the future. 

I’m sure it will move somewhere else. I don’t know the full details but I’d assume the host resort would get a ton of advertising time on the station for very little. Guess we’ll find out next year. 

I had never gone to the event, but it was always a fun morning of radio. 

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yeah the cancellation of this year is obvious, and expected. But they way the announced it this morning was “we’re not sure what’s going to happen with it going forward” which gave me the impression Vail may have told them to kick rocks in the future. 

I’m sure it will move somewhere else. I don’t know the full details but I’d assume the host resort would get a ton of advertising time on the station for very little. Guess we’ll find out next year. 

I had never gone to the event, but it was always a fun morning of radio. 

I would put money on Montage.  

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

Montage is quite the hike for Philly people though. I doubt anyone up there even knows what WMMR is

Yeah, longer drive, but, Bear Creek = Wedding facility, Camelsack = No tailgating, Blue = whats the point, Shawnee = are they open?  Spring might be interested.  

Friends of mine from Cape May enter almost every year, and i can assure you if it moved to Montage, they would be on it like stink on shit. they make a whole weekend out of it with friends like BenM does.   It wouldnt be about if anybody up there knows what WMMR is.  I dont think i even get WMMR on the radio in the Poconos.  

12 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

I’m pretty sure snow tubing isn’t happening at jfbb anymore.

I don't understand why anyone would shut down snowtubing. It broadens your customer base, is a cash cow, and can't possibly cost much to keep running. 

How much longer until they shut down BB and just keep JF?

Man that would piss a lot of people off who own condos and homes around Boulder.

But then again vails business model is pissing people off and somehow still getting their money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I would put money on Montage.  

This was the first place that crossed my mind...I have a feeling this will be the end of BB...Then maybe some sort of "reboot" for JF over the summer...I hope I'm wrong..

I can see them approach Blue first cause it's closer.....But I also see it's just a straight shot up the Turnpike to Montage for Philly people..

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Wouldn't most of the people who own those condos have been driving to JF anyway unless they are into the park scene. It's not like they are ski in/out to BB

No idea why would you buy a condo next to the crappiest ski area in the pocono is beyond me...Blue needs to get into the condo game.  We were talking about the PASR condo at Blue the other day in the lot. 

6 hours ago, Benm said:

sucks but i guess it was to be expected. for the last 5 years we've had friends come up and we make a long wknd out of it, been a big deal to us for a while now. we're at 2:39 in the vid and they called it a "giant rendition of a piece of shit"

Everyone grows up sometime.

No idea why would you buy a condo next to the crappiest ski area in the pocono is beyond me...Blue needs to get into the condo game.  We were talking about the PASR condo at Blue the other day in the lot. 

Wasn’t blue going to build condos, a hotel, a water park, and a new trail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1