PASR does XC @ Jacobsburg 12/19/20

toast21602

2 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

I feel XC skiing has gained some popularity with social distancing regulations.....Prolly snowshoeing too...

Or maybe because we received a rare early snowstorm. Now out west there will for sure be record backcountry and avalanche deaths. I’ve heard it’s a junkshow out there with noobs in the backcountry. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I feel XC skiing has gained some popularity with social distancing regulations.....Prolly snowshoeing too...

I agree with this. My friend bought a XC setup March of last year. The shop was out of just about everything and she had to order it. Took so long to come in she didn’t even get to use it last season.

My setup is probably over 20 years old. I did a XC class I believe thru that environmental center you guys went to. Thought it was fun and bought a setup in the Pocs on an end of season deal. It’s good enough for the 3 or so times per year I get out and use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

Hope we get some snow soon to do it all over again....Was a ton of fun....Maybe a bigger loop if there is one...

Agreed. One of the most fun days I've had on skis in PA. Just something new to try and a new place to ski. Good people and good beer. Couldn't really go wrong.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From a quick scan/search of the buckman's website it looks like they rent XC gear but only seem to sell (at least on their website) two kinds of boots and no skis. 

Doesn't look like the website has any kind of touring gear listed either outside of one pair of bindings.