Bluetiful Morning 12/22/20

toast21602

34 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

looks awesome - I'm hoping to get there Thursday morning, but I'm not sure if the weather is going to cooperate

I’m really hoping the rain holds off until late morning Thursday.  If it’s not a monsoon I’ll be there.  I was thinking that with the advanced ticket sales, Blue will be less likely to close due to inclement weather. 

First day out this season, and as mentioned above conditions were pretty good. A little foggy to start off with, but the sun started trying to come out.

Took the second 6 pack up, started with paradise, a couple runs on challenge, then over to lazy Mile and Main Street which were in really good shape. Then back to paradise and challenge, which actually was in better shape than the earlier runs.

I think the mountain handled social distancing and mask wearing pretty well, most of my chair lift rides just had two of us on it although I left around 11 when it started getting a little crowded and the started putting 3 on the six pack. Seemed to be mainly groups on the quad, so wasn’t as good as the six pack for a single.

First day on my new to me Vokl Deacon 80s, 167 length. Got them from the Loft sale of their demo skis this fall. A little apprehensive since I didn’t try them out before buying them, but I like them a lot. They handled the frozen stuff in the morning and the softer stuff later really well, and were really fast turning and fast edge to edge. A lot more responsive at slower speeds than my Experience 88 180s.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, C1erArt said:

First day out this season, and as mentioned above conditions were pretty good. A little foggy to start off with, but the sun started trying to come out.

Took the second 6 pack up, started with paradise, a couple runs on challenge, then over to lazy Mile and Main Street which were in really good shape. Then back to paradise and challenge, which actually was in better shape than the earlier runs.

I think the mountain handled social distancing and mask wearing pretty well, most of my chair lift rides just had two of us on it although I left around 11 when it started getting a little crowded and the started putting 3 on the six pack. Seemed to be mainly groups on the quad, so wasn’t as good as the six pack for a single.

First day on my new to me Vokl Deacon 80s, 167 length. Got them from the Loft sale of their demo skis this fall. A little apprehensive since I didn’t try them out before buying them, but I like them a lot. They handled the frozen stuff in the morning and the softer stuff later really well, and were really fast turning and fast edge to edge. A lot more responsive at slower speeds than my Experience 88 180s.

@toast21602 and i were behind you in line waiting for the lifts to open.  Thought it was you, but didn't recognize the skis.  Now it makes sense.

[mention=511]toast21602[/mention] and i were behind you in line waiting for the lifts to open.  Thought it was you, but didn't recognize the skis.  Now it makes sense.

Have a green helmet, green gaiter and green on my ski poles to match my Experience 88s. Now I need to switch to orange.

1 hour ago, RajeevGuptaSucheeta said:

Good Morning Mr Steeze it is Rajeev.. I cannot snowboard this year I must stay in Bangalore.  have a good ski

Rajeev.. @toast21602 wants to know were you poked on the peechhe ka hissa this year? Thank you I will tell Mr Steezeman to have a good ski

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Got up at 7 with the family. Had some laps on Skool Hill then over to Paradise and back. Nice moguls on the top of Midway, Falls, and Challenge. The snow was mostly soft with a couple scrapped spots. Still fun to ride.

Liftie at the carpet was an instructor and gave us some tips for the little one. They were helpful and it was much appreciated. Our Edgie Wedgie is supposed to be delivered next week and it’s been tough to hold the pizza and slow down.

No lines at the lift but the trails seemed busy.

• Like 4

Yeah, it was busy in the PM. Felt like way more people than last Friday. A red cross who happened to ride once with me said that they sold something like 9000 tickets today. And darn it, they're gonna stay open on soaked Thursday for the same reason. Which makes me kinda screwed because I have tickets for it and was hoping to switch them or having them refunded w/o paying handling fee. Crap, will now have to ski in rain on a Xmas eve. Unbelievable.

Main Street was busted, Paradise was OK, though got whistled at a few times, Lazy was probably the best, but it all largely depended on how lucky you were with avoiding the crowds.

• Sad 1