Bluetiful Morning 12/22/20

toast21602

1 hour ago, Schif said:

I've never skied in Europe so hopefully someone can enlighten me, but the general impression I get is that there is less infrastructure there. Fewer lifts, most likely much less snowmaking and fewer lodges and buildings. If true this would streamline operations a little and you wouldn't need as much in terms of daily revenue to make up for it. 

That is completely wrong except for the less snowmaking because they don't need it except at lower elevations.

• Like 2

I'm going to NY in Jan. midweek. Many resorts are doing this garbage. Buy the tickets online in advance for specified dates and they're nonrefundable. So then it rains like tomorrow for [mention=3357]eaf[/mention] and the purchaser is SOL. It looks like Windham isn't doing limits for midweek so I think I'll go there.
It's annoying being locked into a hotel reservation to begin with, and now a ski reservation too.

Areas are looking for a way to survive during a pandemic. Do you want to keep skiing...short and long term?
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Areas are looking for a way to survive during a pandemic. Do you want to keep skiing...short and long term?

I want resorts to give some flexibility like Blue did to @eaf. For instance, require someone to make an account to purchase a lift ticket and give them a limited amount of times to be able to cancel or reschedule.

I understand this and that had to change this year, but I dont think every single thing should be attributed to the pandemic as an excuse. 

Edited by saltyant

Just now, saltyant said:

I want resorts to give some flexibility like Blue did to @eaf. For instance, require someone to make an account to purchase a lift ticket and give them a limited amount of times to cancel or reschedule.

I understand this and that had to change this year, but I dont think every single thing should be attributed to the pandemic as an excuse. 

Ok. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I want resorts to give some flexibility like Blue did to @eaf. For instance, require someone to make an account to purchase a lift ticket and give them a limited amount of times to be able to cancel or reschedule.

Salty when people make plans they should stick to them.  What about people who buy Eagles tickets ahead of time and then decide last minute it’s raining or they don’t feel like going to the concer...you think it’s that easy to see Don Henley and Joe Walsh are just gonna give you your money back or change for another show...no you either shit or get off the pot. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I want I want I want.  You sound like Veruca Salt

3320F704-C899-4993-8D14-C4396DEFA625.jpeg

• Confused 1

@RidgeRacer My grievance was 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty when people make plans they should stick to them.  What about people who buy Eagles tickets ahead of time and then decide last minute it’s raining or they don’t feel like going to the game..you think it’s that easy to see Don Henley and Joe Walsh are just gonna give you your money back or change for another ticket..no you either shit or get off the pot. 

Nope. I'm not willing to commit to anything unless there's a 99.9% of going.

Windham is looking rad - no ridiculous reservations midweek. Nice! Gore and Whiteface, now... bah!

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@RidgeRacer My grievance was 

Nope. I'm not willing to commit to anything unless there's a 99.9% of going.

Windham is looking rad - no ridiculous reservations midweek. Nice! Gore and Whiteface, now... bah!

Reservations are rad.  That means you have a guaranteed ticket to ride.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

@eaf@Ski2Live Live2Ski, and @RajeevGuptaSucheeta don't have season passes..

I don’t have a pass either, but I’ve also just accepted the fact that if I want to ski this year, anywhere, it’s going to be expensive and it’s going to be a risk weather wise. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I don’t have a pass either, but I’ve also just accepted the fact that if I want to ski this year, anywhere, it’s going to be expensive and it’s going to be a risk weather wise. It is what it is. 

I dont ski in the rain, warm weather or ice so this nonrefundable reservation system... yeah, it's just not gonna work out between us. 

Just now, AtomicSkier said:

why don't you get a pass?  you had one last year?

I didn’t have one last year, I was buying tickets or skiing bear creek via ski patrol vouchers. 

I didn’t buy a pass this year because there was uncertainty with my job and if I was going to be relocated or not. 

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I dont ski in the rain, warm weather or ice so this nonrefundable reservation system... yeah, it's just not gonna work out between us. 

You've managed to turn a post about the best conditions at Blue this season into a thread about complaining and moaning. Typical salty. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2