Bluetiful Morning 12/22/20

toast21602

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Whoa, what's this? Getting tickets or even checking availability is now like getting groceries in April. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 6.31.28 PM.png

Supply and demand.  Tickets are selling out fast.  Only a handful of morning and afternoon tickets available the next few days.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, eaf said:

What does it have to do with a supply and demand? I can't even enter the site w/o a wait to check what they've got. It may be a DDOS protection, but if not, what do they think they are? A Ticketmaster?

Lmao ddos on blue mtn. 

They just want to make it look like it's high demand. 

• Haha 1

Took me about an hour yesterday morning to get a ticket for my daughter for this Wednesday.

I’m laughed when my buddy told me later in the day he was just about done with the queue to get in thinking he was close to having a ticket in hand. I informed him that he was just waiting for the privilege of waiting some more. [emoji83]

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, eaf said:

What does it have to do with a supply and demand? I can't even enter the site w/o a wait to check what they've got. It may be a DDOS protection, but if not, what do they think they are? A Ticketmaster?

I'm in the Virtual Waiting Room just for fun, and the wait time is going up!

Maybe next Blue will add more steps to check to see how many lift tickets are available, like make you answer 3 hard CAPTCHA puzzles correctly, win a chess match against an expert AI, and slay a 3 headed dog like the one in Harry Potter guarding the Sorcerer's Stone. Then after passing all that you can talk to an agent.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

But really, I'm at a loss here. I don't remember their site being particularly slow to justify this, and 30 minute wait just makes no sense because they don't even know yet the date that I'm interested in. What if I'm really looking for something in Feb? Why make me wait??

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Maybe next Blue will add more steps to get a lift ticket, like make you answer 3 hard CAPTCHA puzzles correctly, win a chess match against an expert AI, and slay a 3 headed dog like the one in Harry Potter guarding the Sorcerer's Stone.

They need to add some arcade there. I'd play Salty while he's waiting. Pinball?

• Boner City 1

41 minutes ago, eaf said:

It’s because a lot of people are trying to buy tickets at the same time.  Try later tonight or early in the morning and no wait time.  

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

They need to add some arcade there. I'd play Salty while he's waiting. Pinball?

I waited 40 minutes before to see ticket availability. They sold a solid 4-5,000 lift tickets today. Way to go Blue. 

And i didnt really wait was textinf with friends and on other websites during the Queue 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

But really, I'm at a loss here. I don't remember their site being particularly slow to justify this, and 30 minute wait just makes no sense because they don't even know yet the date that I'm interested in. What if I'm really looking for something in Feb? Why make me wait??

They don’t have February dates available yet.  You should have just bought your kid a season pass. 

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Maybe next Blue will add more steps to check to see how many lift tickets are available, like make you answer 3 hard CAPTCHA puzzles correctly, win a chess match against an expert AI, and slay a 3 headed dog like the one in Harry Potter guarding the Sorcerer's Stone. Then after passing all that you can talk to an agent.

Im laughing so hard.  Thanks for that!!

• Boner City 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This reminds me of being put on hold on the phone. Some really smart companies now let you enter your phone number and they call when it's your turn. It's grate!

What this reminds ME is how PS5 were sold around Xmas time. BestBuy would announce that at 3pm today they'd have some limited stock added, and then at 3pm the site would just die. You could add PS5 to your cart, but by the time you get to checkout, it would be gone from it. And then they'd replace the "Add to cart" button with a "Please wait" one, and add a separate popup saying that soon this "Please wait" may change back to "Add to cart" and then good luck to you.

Meanwhile it would sell at craigslist for 2x retail. Good idea, btw.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

What this reminds ME is how PS5 were sold around Xmas time. BestBuy would announce that at 3pm today they'd have some limited stock added, and then at 3pm the site would just die. You could add PS5 to your cart, but by the time you get to checkout, it would be gone from it. And then they'd replace the "Add to cart" button with a "Please wait" one, and add a separate popup saying that soon this "Please wait" may change back to "Add to cart" and then good luck to you.

Meanwhile it would sell at craigslist for 2x retail. Good idea, btw.

Eaf are you a gamer?

2 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I will say its annoying AF to have crowd and capacity basically doubled in the morning cause of the race team. That shit needs to be checked.

What I don’t get is the liftline person was out in the six pack line when there were no lines the other day but yesterday and today there were some short lines and no liftline Guy. A lot of people trying to ride up with groups. Some lady tried to get in JFDans chair with like four people already and Dan said nope..and the lady was like really.  The one asshole who is always waiting around for first chair snuck between Mixilplix and BenM yesterday on the second six pack.  He has never had his nose covered once this season. Wears a turtle fun over his mouth 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I rode with a BMR coach today. Asked him about how is it possible that the training is in progress despite governors orders, etc. He said that he doesn't know how they pulled it off. The kids aren't traveling this year, are just happy to be on the snow, etc, etc. In other words: "just leave them alone".

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What I don’t get is the liftline person was out in the six pack line when there were no lines the other day but yesterday and today there were some short lines and no liftline Guy. A lot of people trying to ride up with groups. Some lady tried to get in JFDans chair with like four people already and Dan said nope..and the lady was like really.  The one asshole who is always waiting around for first chair snuck between Mixilplix and BenM yesterday on the second six pack.  He has never had his nose covered once this season. Wears a turtle fun over his mouth 

I wanted to elbow that guy in the throat....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3