12/28..quiet holiday Monday..nice snow!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Is that Creed song in your play list??

I'd rather listen to the sound my cats make when they cough up hairballs for 24 hours straight before that. But TBH my guy behind the counter here must've been hearing creed coming from my mouth when I was, in fact, asking him to take me lower. My negotiation techniques must've been off today.

Edit Doctor Oz has covid vaccine volunteers on his show...ooh this should help me get through the next hour.......
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Jelly. I'm off today but sitting in firestone, watching a game show called 25 words or less (which I very much enjoy BTW) while waiting for new brakes, rooters, battery, a something flush, a something replacement and a something inspection. Will be back on Wednesday for a night sesh.

That's efficient. I try to save up all the shit that needs to be fixed so I only have to go once.

My favorite garage is in Johnstown. I dropped the car off in the morning and they gave me a ride to work. Then at lunchtime 2 people brought my car to where I was working. It was rad!!

I've also dropped it off and rode my bike home, then biked back later to pick it up. I cant sit in a waiting room, I go walk around or something.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

While I appreciate that...you thread jacked none the less. Strike 2.

That's kind of unfair, since you were discussing cat hairballs, Creed, and your grate negotiation skills. Those topics aren't relevant to the topic of 12/28 quiet holiday Monday...nice snow!!

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m done with Burma for the season. Skied it enough opening week 

Yeah but Yeti's a whole different trail than Burma. You should check it out! I think my first time at Blue I skied Yeti and got 0.05 mm of air off one of the jumps.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Awesome morning with a good pace.  Best day for me at Blue this season.  NMDW isnt quite on par with other trails as far as snow quality, but still skis ok, its firm, but not firm and trenched out.  

None of us will ever know what the ski patroler actually said to us at the top of Razors, but i doubt it was "go really fast, its skiing great"  Razors was really nice, main was money.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That's kind of unfair, since you were discussing cat hairballs, Creed, and your grate negotiation skills. Those topics aren't relevant to the topic of 12/28 quiet holiday Monday...nice snow!!

He asked if I listen to creed which prompted my reply about hairballs. He's allowed to ask whatever he wants because it's his thread. Those are the rules Saltman.

@GrilledSteezeSandwich WTGAI today. It made me jelly sitting here in this miserable waiting room.

PS Robert Kraft is on Dr Oz now comforting a Pats fan who can't see his wife because of the pandemic. What a grate man he is. It's a shame I can't be here on Wednesday because Dr Oz is doing the Ultimate Bacon Lovers Buying Guide on Wednesday.

IMG_20201228_144210.jpg

21 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

I don’t know what the f#k happened to this thread...

Really awesome to be sliding on planks again! I was stunned how well everything skied (except for chute and falls). Excited for much more to come. Legs did ok for day 1. See what happens tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really nice night out there. Not many crowds at all, seemed like mostly teenagers and a decent number of rentals out so I'm glad blue is making some money. Run of the night as definitely Main Street. Got my first runs on razors and nmdw so that was nice. Soft edgeable snow all over the mountain with only a few slick spots but they were still turnable so overall awesome night. It was also really warm out so it was really comfortable riding. 

• Like 5

I guess we missed everyone today? Got on snow at like 8:05, skied til about 10:30. Paradise was best snow of the day again. Whatever they’re doing on paradise, please do that everywhere else. Like 1-2” of soft chalky groomed snow to start the day, and there couldn’t have been more than 10 people down it before us. Everything else was pretty good, pumptrack on the ride side of tuts needs to get rutted in a little more though. Hopefully back up Wednesday AM before I have to head back home to start building my ark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3