12/29...Windy..OK

GrilledSteezeSandwich

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Thanks. It’s actually been quite enjoyable. During the fall semester and leading up to the holidays I get really busy. I’m able to manage my time well and still do the things I want but it is just mentally and physically draining sometimes. That, on top of school, has been worse this year because of the pandemic. The last three days of not setting an alarm, drinking coffee and reading all morning, taking the dog for extra walks, trying to avoid screen time and responding to emails, and doing random stuff around the house had been great. If feels good to feel refreshed. Plus, my dog has been loving it.

100%. I find a good balance of doing things like cycling and skiing, and then doing nothing (playing games, watching movies, etc.) works for me.  Everyone needs some time to relax.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Schif said:

Do you have a code reader? They are cheap and help when the light comes on so you know what you're dealing with before you have to take it in. 

25 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

A decent code reader and the internet can help you solve a lot of issues...and save you some dinero

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you have a code reader??

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Do you have a code reader? If not I think autozone will read it for free.

13 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

What about trying a code reader?  I've heard that can be helpful.  

11 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Do you have a code reader? My father in law’s friend does and I can ask for a favor.

I don't have a code reader. TFTI

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

100%. I find a good balance of doing things like cycling and skiing, and then doing nothing (playing games, watching movies, etc.) works for me.  Everyone needs some time to relax.

That’s radical did you ever see Office Space or The Big Chill.  The Jeremiah was a bullfrog song is on the Big Chll soundtrack. 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s radical did you ever see Office Space or The Big Chill.  The Jeremiah was a bullfrog song is on the Big Chll soundtrack. 

I love Office Space and will often watch it when it's on. At one job I worked at, one guy reminded me of Milton. One day I "accidentally" referred to him as Milton because his real name sounded similar, and the dude I was talking to was like "yep, we call him Milton too". High five!

• Like 1

Thanks, but I dont get check engine that often and will just let the garage deal with it. It's almost always something silly like the gas cap is only 99% of the way on.

Code readers can clear codes also for intermittent or problems you can ignore. Dealers charge 100 bucks just to put a code reader on.

I hated that my Toyota would disable electronic stability control and traction control whenever the check engine light would come on for an emissions problem.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Nothing ticked me off.  Nobody *likes* wearing masks, it’s just something we must all do to ensure we have a ski season.  Short term sacrifice.  Get over yourself.

Do the mods on this site have the ability to move posts to other threads? I’m envisioning a “SaltyEaf soundoff board” where all complaints regardless of topic are moved to in one long stream of consciousness thread.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, C1erArt said:

Code readers can clear codes also for intermittent or problems you can ignore. Dealers charge 100 bucks just to put a code reader on.

I hated that my Toyota would disable electronic stability control and traction control whenever the check engine light would come on for an emissions problem.

You should see what they try and charge insurance companies for it. 

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Do the mods on this site have the ability to move posts to other threads? I’m envisioning a “SaltyEaf soundoff board” where all complaints regardless of topic are moved to in one long stream of consciousness thread.

That would never work. The mods are just too lazy to keep things organized.

Wait! Did you just say you don't like this thread? Whiner!

16 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Break out a few hundred...

If it's some emissions BS I'm not getting it fixed now. The two counties literally less than a mile away, Carbon and Schuylkill, dont do emissions inspections but Luzerne does for some idiotic reason. I can literally see McAdoo out my front window and they dont have to pay for it. Yet I do. WTF???

Just now, saltyant said:

If it's some emissions BS I'm not getting it fixed now. The two counties literally less than a mile away, Carbon and Schuylkill, dont do emissions inspections but Luzerne does for some idiotic reason. I can literally see McAdoo out my front window and they dont have to pay for it. Yet I do. WTF???

PA governmental idiocracy.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Sucks to suck
  • Love 2
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I thought you were don’t complaining here? Seems like it might just be who you are. 

• Confused 1