1/1/21..nice snow and a lot of PASRs

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:20am and it was 22 degrees under partly sunny sky’s. In the house were Shadows, TP4, Mixilplix, Atomic Jeff, Schifdawg, Eddie, charles, Charles dad, NMSki, Indiggio, Tarponhead, Gary, Slim, MBike Mike, JFDan, Mute Ryan, Barb Green, Tele matt, Mrs Snowbunski, Falco, Antman and many more. 

First run I skied challenge while most skied razors and it was alright..but some ridges..Razors for once was not closed for race training and it was grate..smooth and a level softer than frozen cord with minimal cookies.  Paradise was very nice and Main Street was decent with upper good and lower meh..switchback was good enough for multiple runs and nightmare dreamweaver was average which is better than its been lately. 

I managed 11 runs in an hour and 40 minutes due to the low crowds then hungout in the lot for a couple hours..had some chips fries and a steely pork sandwich compliments of MBike mike..all in all it was better conditions than expected and crowds were light.  Ski many of y’all tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Better than expected and was getting better as the morning went on. They pulled the big jumps outta storage and hopefully they get lower park set up soon.

Second day in a brand new pair of boots and they felt much better than my first session. Hoping to get them fully broken in within the next couple weeks. I’ve been DREADING getting new boots but finally had to pull the plug on my 7+ year old Nike’s😔

First lift of my morning I shared with @Benm, always nice getting to meet another PASR. 

Finally, at one point I saw a kid on the chair in front of me drink an entire 4loko on one lift ride. Thoughts and prayers to that young man lmao. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This might have been the most consistent conditions yet...Nod to NM/DW and Switchback as ROTD...Low crowds too...Super good time this morning.....

Two videos here but there not that great.......I think I need a white balance adjustment on the camera....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuCf8CsPxvU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0cHfXMmVgM

20210101_091358 (2).jpg

20210101_091136.jpg

20210101_081128.jpg

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Better than expected and was getting better as the morning went on. They pulled the big jumps outta storage and hopefully they get lower park set up soon.

Second day in a brand new pair of boots and they felt much better than my first session. Hoping to get them fully broken in within the next couple weeks. I’ve been DREADING getting new boots but finally had to pull the plug on my 7+ year old Nike’s😔

First lift of my morning I shared with @Benm, always nice getting to meet another PASR. 

Finally, at one point I saw a kid on the chair in front of me drink an entire 4loko on one lift ride. Thoughts and prayers to that young man lmao. 

What'd ya get for boots? I bought Burton Rulers two years ago I think...with upgraded insoles.   The first couple trips sucked until they got broken in and I had the insoles molded.  They're awesome now 

2 hours ago, PSUFly said:

What'd ya get for boots? I bought Burton Rulers two years ago I think...with upgraded insoles.   The first couple trips sucked until they got broken in and I had the insoles molded.  They're awesome now 

ThirtyTwo Lashed. 

The kid at Buckmans said to wear them a couple times before getting them heat molded and try to naturally mold them to my feet. I found this...odd. I even asked another employee and he said the same thing. Did you have this experience? 

TBH they don’t hurt my feet at all. I just don’t feel like I have near as much board control/board feel. Got better today so hopefully I just need to get used to them. 

5 minutes ago, antman12 said:

ThirtyTwo Lashed. 

The kid at Buckmans said to wear them a couple times before getting them heat molded and try to naturally mold them to my feet. I found this...odd. I even asked another employee and he said the same thing. Did you have this experience? 

TBH they don’t hurt my feet at all. I just don’t feel like I have near as much board control/board feel. Got better today so hopefully I just need to get used to them. 

I tried some 32s last year ...they make a nice boot ...I ended up with some Van's infuse....

They molded to my feet fine just by wearing them....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I tried some 32s last year ...they make a nice boot ...I ended up with some Van's infuse....

They molded to my feet fine just by wearing them....

Good to hear. I think they’ll mold just fine. I just gotta get used to them.