Sal Tlay Ka Siti 2021 - (Salt Lake City, UT)

skiincy

for the month’ish of January, I’ll be in SLC. I sang the Book of Mormon soundtrack on my drive and I googled Mormon underwear. So, I think I’m ready for an immersive experience. 

I work remotely but hoping to ski the ikon mountains on the weekend and, go touring & explore some of the local parks and trails on weekdays & blackout dates. 

does anyone have recommendations on the most do- Utah list? (I’ve already done the Red & Blue Iguana)

And, will anyone else be in Utah during January or February?

I found a super cute Airbnb in the Sugarhouse SLC area. Highly recommend if anyone is thinking of doing the same thing. Here’s the link. There’s a jetted tub and 3 shower heads. Pretty pumped for the post skiing soak. Outside, there’s a fire pit and the neighborhood is very walkable & close to the mountains. And the apartment is a seperate entrance from the main house so it feels more like a mother-in law suite.

my pass is blacked out until tomorrow. Most midweek days, I’m hoping to do some uphill at Park City since they allow it from 6pm-8:30am or hit up Brighton for night skiing. My next day reservations are at snowbird for January 7-8 with @Schif.

while on my drive from Colorado, through Wyoming, and to Utah.. I was looking at mountains that were near my route.

check out this logo of a Wyoming resort. Their history page is quite interesting too. I just can’t pick out my favorite Wyoming flair of it yet. Maybe it’s that their pricing lists out “adults n’ teens”. But also fascinating that you can rent out the mountain for $3k?!

Has anyone ever rode the pine?

http://www.pinecreekskiresort.com/

• Like 8

WTGAI @skiincyway to get after it!!! Nice that you have a night skiing option..and Wally is definitely a well travelled Pup so WTGAI for him as well.  

And Oh Lordy on the soaking...I only know about it cause GSSucks spent two years in Utah.  Soaking doesn’t involve hitting it and quitting it or staying and playing so I’m not down with it like I’m down with OPP

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Do the stats even matter? What happens if you don't track the vertical?

I just track days and sure it’s interesting to keep for your own records and for others to see where you’ve skied. Over the years you’ll be able to see what resorts you’ve skied and how many days at each.