Sal Tlay Ka Siti 2021 - (Salt Lake City, UT)

skiincy

9 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Can I ask for pardon from the PASR community? 

I just knew there was no way I was gonna get first chair. 

I had to drop my dog off at 7am but there was crazy congestion by then. So, I gave it some time to die down and left my place around 8am. Still sat in stand still traffic.

for the first few hours of the day, only the front side was open and the lines were insane. not mad about it. Still was epic. or Ikonic. 

On behalf of PASR administration, your pardon is granted for this one time. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

On behalf of PASR administration, your pardon is granted for this one time. 

Dannnng.

I didn’t even have my limo waiting for me outside of prison with a hair stylist lined up, like Joe Exotic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, skiincy said:

Can I ask for pardon from the PASR community? 

I just knew there was no way I was gonna get first chair. 

I had to drop my dog off at 7am but there was crazy congestion by then. So, I gave it some time to die down and left my place around 8am. Still sat in stand still traffic.

for the first few hours of the day, only the front side was open and the lines were insane. not mad about it. Still was epic. or Ikonic. 

Nancy you do you...skiing is a recreational activity and we all appreciate your zest for the sport.  You skied powder today...none of us did although I think I felt a little float in the manmade Poe at blue.   Me and Atomic Jeff have waited 3 hours in line for the tram and an hour and a half in line for the gondola to get some freshies and it was worth it and the next day there were still freshies to be had.   Here’s a picture of my parents dog Archie for stoke.  You’ll be talking about this day for years.  The afterglow of a grate ski day is everlasting. Thanks for sharing your skiing with us!!!   

18C909F0-E118-4271-A144-D4FA72A08621.jpeg

419A25A0-C7CA-4F67-B681-38CB1D0F3F28.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Boner City 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

TFTI

(This is the second PASR acronym I had to google this weekend.)

Oops. I should have publicly extended an invite. I have my airbnb until January 31st at least. There's a small sofa, an air mattress, and an extra size twin size mattress if anyone wants to visit in the next week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skiincy said:

(This is the second PASR acronym I had to google this weekend.)

Oops. I should have publicly extended an invite. I have my airbnb until January 31st at least. There's a small sofa, an air mattress, and an extra size twin size mattress if anyone wants to visit in the next week. 

I meant "Thanks for the information". It used to be funny to quote a really long post and just write TFTI. Now quotes are minimized so I forgot it isn't funny anymore.

I'll be staying in hotels and driving the whole time, but thanks for the offer. Won't be going until beginning of March.

Edited by saltyant

11 minutes ago, skiincy said:

I was talking to an unnamed PASR guy on the phone at the time. He instructed me to abandon my vehicle & go running to the nearest skill hill because there are in fact no laws on powder days or when drinking claws. He was yelling meeeerder the perrrrder. (Note: do not take legal advice from someone who hangs out in parking lots.)

This is solid advice.

I read an article from 2005 about the seven summits club at Snowbird and back then it was $7500 annually.  Would be worth it for the 745am starts, line cutting privileges at the tram and complimentary coffee, cold drinks and snacks. Plus the guaranteed close in likely garage parking is a plus. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Last night, I headed up to Brighton for some night skiing. It's been so gorgeous. every. day. I have today, Saturday, and Sunday left in Utah and then I go back to Colorado. Then back to Pennsylvania.. I've been on this little nomadic adventure for almost 50 days. 

IMG_1205.thumb.jpg.c529484e0c01ea0ce1d2e48ee4bafb60.jpg

It was 'IGHT and I was able to park right by the ticket window. 

IMG_1208.thumb.jpg.4fbde2fcd5cae4c401ceb6f87c1875fd.jpg

There were A LOT of people. College recently started and you could tell it was the hangout spot for the local college students. On the chair lifts, I heard some interesting stories. One of the guys was a freshman and I overheard him tell his friend - "I'm totally going to propose to her". That's just not a common phrase you hear at frat parties of big state schools in between their keg stands.

IMG_1212.thumb.jpg.a867acd6070a36b3aa5fab595339fe8e.jpg

Besides the lines, the snow was great. I got under 10k of vertical feet because of the crowds though. It was some of the best night skiing snow I've ever had. It was like a warm cream cheese. Thick, creamy, and smooth. My favorite run was down Winter Green. When you turn off Crest Express, there's a short black/blue with some bumps. But, the bumps were more like ungroomed powder rather than tight balls of snow with very few people on it. Here's a view looking up at it.

IMG_1222.thumb.jpg.cf33c811a1a67cd1a9703ec316eaeaad.jpg

This was the view from off of Crest Express. 

IMG_1221.thumb.jpg.4a95a77cccc5632cdac5985b6ac43f83.jpg

In comparison, below is the view from January 4th

8965E4FF-10C0-4185-AE22-6FB25A1BEB2F.jpeg

This was cruising down a blue (I think Hawkeye). 

IMG_1223.thumb.jpg.448e1852ec35630cbb31554922fcf578.jpg

Tonight, I might do some touring at Park City. Saturday is Alta/Bird and Sunday will probably be Brighton to explore the full mountain. 

That looks so cool at night!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

The only thing I dont understand is why the hell you want to come back to PA 💁‍♂️

Good question.

I love adventure but I miss the feeling of being settled and I miss my home. 

more realistically, it’s quite silly to pay a mortgage at a house I don’t live at 🤔😂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Good question.

I love adventure but I miss the feeling of being settled and I miss my home. 

more realistically, it’s quite silly to pay a mortgage at a house I don’t live at 🤔😂

I get it. In 2018 I did a 3 week summertime tour in Colorado & Utah, and it was a lot of fun but by the end of 3 weeks I was ready to go home. 

• Like 1