January 5th...foggy..smooth

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I was up super early and responded to some emails before I even got out of bed. I arrived at the lower lot around 830am and in the house were Atomic Jeff, Shadows, BenM and Bethlehem Ford Guy.  The temperature was in the mid 30s and a small fog layer really began to encompass the mountain. 

Razors hadn’t been groomed so I avoided that. Challenge was nice smooth cord...a little softer on the first headwall.  Main Street was nice cord top to bottom again softer on top.  Switchback was similar conditions to Main Street..lazy mile wasn’t quite as smooth but still very nice snow and a little more traffic and nightmare dreamweaver was more hardpack with some skeet spots starting to appear. 

The six pack was having some issues..it stopped a few times and one of Blue’s technicians climbed the stairs at the bottom of the six and you could hear a lot of clanging and banging.  All and all a fun short session. I sort of wanted some beer but there will be plenty of other days for that.  JADIP

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Nightmare Dreamweaver was also nice. Once the 6 pack stops, the line builds up and doesn’t appear to recover when it gets going again. Miss the 8 AM weekday opening.

A few blurs went by me on Main Street.

Do you still use the app that says how fast you go?  

Do you still use the app that says how fast you go?  

I use Slopes. Was doing about 24 when you guys passed me as I was trying to do pretty turns down the right edge. All I saw were your bright orange bindings through the fog. You guys I trust, BMR I don’t. Top speed of 34 today. Even at those speeds I was skiing by feel most of the time. Fortunately slopes were in good shape at opening.

Put in some upgraded headphones in the helmet end of last year, unfortunately the iPhone doesn’t drive them loud enough, although they have really good bass.

Yesterday I got the Kaiser music player app, with adjustable gain. Definitely loud enough now.
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 2

2 hours ago, C1erArt said:

You guys I trust, BMR I don’t. Top speed of 34 today. Even at those speeds I was skiing by feel most of the time. Fortunately slopes were in good shape at opening.

I used to track top speed but don't care about that anymore. I always try to work on my rad turnz and pole planting techniques.

• Like 1

I used to track top speed but don't care about that anymore. I always try to work on my rad turnz and pole planting techniques.

That was the first time I looked at speed all season. Can’t ski fast at Blue. Concentrating on trying to make pretty turns. Glad I got shorter skis this time.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

That was the first time I looked at speed all season. Can’t ski fast at Blue. Concentrating on trying to make pretty turns. Glad I got shorter skis this time.

I haven’t skied fast much this season. Today was probably 85% which is faster than a lot of days. I have been in a tuck maybe twice.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

The flailing arm pole plants!

As long as you're having fun @saltyant, that's all that matters!

I like his steamboat perder video although he sped it up to double time. I’ll be back up at Blue tomorrow for opening.  Looks like nice weather.  Maybe the guns will be back on for a little refresh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

Classic!

Thanks for finding this. Johnny law could probably find Salty some powder baskets for his polls.  I find poles to be most useful in the bumps and on flats.  To make rhythmic pole plants while blasting down lazy mile is kind of asinine although I’m not a level 2 instructor so what do I know. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks for finding this. Johnny law could probably find Salty some powder baskets for his polls.  I find poles to be most useful in the bumps and on flats.  To make rhythmic pole plants while blasting down lazy mile is kind of asinine although I’m not a level 2 instructor so what do I know. 

It's grate to see @saltyant having such a hi-ho time out in Steamboat's champagne perder with @enjoralas and @enjoralas's Dad!
For once he's not complaining, although I'm sure @enjoralas has some stories.